• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Cutters, some help please

@Kuztomized Do you think the Turbine™ PRIZM™ Deep Water Polarized Replacement Lenses might do? (Oakley Turbine PRIZM Deep Water Polarized Replacement Lenses in PRIZM SALT WATER POLARIZED | Oakley ) they seem to be quite similar curve and bigger so you can cut around

I have a spare set of Split Jacket lenses, but I do not have a pair of Turbines to compare to. I believe that split jacket lenses are base 8.75 curvature and Turbines are listed as base 6 (flatter), but several members have measured them at base 7.25. Plenty of Turbines have been cut for X-metals (which are 8.75) and it works just fine. Maybe for some people their eyelashes might touch with base 6 (or 7.25?) where they did not touch with base 8.75. I'm really no expert. As for size, I cannot comment since I don't have both in front of me. Willing to accept a set of Turbine lenses if you want to donate to research :)

I have a spare set of Split Jacket lenses, but I do not have a pair of Turbines to compare to. I believe that split jacket lenses are base 8.75 curvature and Turbines are listed as base 6 (flatter), but several members have measured them at base 7.25. Plenty of Turbines have been cut for X-metals (which are 8.75) and it works just fine. Maybe for some people their eyelashes might touch with base 6 (or 7.25?) where they did not touch with base 8.75. I'm really no expert. As for size, I cannot comment since I don't have both in front of me. Willing to accept a set of Turbine lenses if you want to donate to research :)

Hmm nice info there!

So the main characteristic that i need is to find the right base, ideally 8.75, and from there test the size right?

Hmm nice info there!

So the main characteristic that i need is to find the right base, ideally 8.75, and from there test the size right?

Opposite. If the donor too small it will never work. If you find a sizable donor, you can find out if the base curve matches. Even if it does not match, it might not bother you.

So, theoretically, Turbine lenses could work with base curvature 6, but has anyone else had actual experience with cutting these to size?

Is there an 8.75 donor lens in prizm snow that would suit?

So, theoretically, Turbine lenses could work with base curvature 6, but has anyone else had actual experience with cutting these to size?

Is there an 8.75 donor lens in prizm snow that would suit?

I think @Chris A Hardaway does turbine cuts for Splits. I don't think there is a donor with Prizm snow yet for Splits though... I use Radars and Splits when skiing (goggles and helmet on the slopes), but afaik no donors or lenses for either yet.

Back