• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Etching Question...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24

Anyone know if you can etch an NBA team name in the lenses of customs? Im wanting to etch "New York Knicks" in my lenses on an order but not sure if Oakley will allow it due to copyright or trademark issues...anyone know WITH CERTAINTY?

I've had custom etching done. Best bet is just to submit what you want done. They'll get back to you if they can't do it. No harm in trying!

Just called them today and they said they would..I ordered them! Why do you say they won't Pit Boss?

I think Pit Boss is referring to them not able to etch trademark names on lenses. There should be some legal issues if they do it often enough. That said some trademark names such as x-men have slipped through their guard before and been etched on juliet lenses.

I really don't see how putting a name of a team is illegal. If anything its more advertisement for the team if you ask me. Mine say CAMARO BOY and camaro is registered to chevy and they didn't say anything to me.

A buddy of mine had "Blackhawks" etched on his and didn't have a problem, I don't think he tried to do "Chicago Blackhawks"...don't know if that would have made a difference or not though.

Back