• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens help!

ShortChangeHero

Yo-Yo master
Orange
I need help ID this set of Juliet lens. These were purchased around 2005-2006 time frame and I was told they are ruby. Looking through all the post about this specific color there seems to be different shades or tints or whatever you call it. Anyways just wondering if they are truly ruby, fire, fruby, raspberry or whatever color scheme is floating out there. Thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oh nice! Looking at the picture they do look like fire but in person they look red with hints of orange/yellow at the ends. Maybe it's the lighting or my crappy iPhone. After what dingo said I was getting nervous that i got ripped off and getting ready to toss them!

Oh nice! Looking at the picture they do look like fire but in person they look red with hints of orange/yellow at the ends. Maybe it's the lighting or my crappy iPhone. After what dingo said I was getting nervous that i got ripped off and getting ready to toss them!

There are rubys that are so fruby they look like old-school fire. While there are some fires that look so yellowish they look more like 24K. Yours do look more on the fruby side, but some iridium coatings are just known for wide variations, ruby and fire being a couple of examples.

Ruby. Fire is browny/greeny looking through it.
After reading your post it clicked and I was like hey @Wicked dumba$$ 2nd pic gave it away :punish:)

Ding ding ding! Oakster got it - definitely Ruby.

The base tint in Ruby is neutral grey, and the iridium gives it a blue look, looking through them. Fire has a contrast beige base tint and the iridium gives it a greenish look, looking through them.

For more info see this thread...

Can the iridium coating affect the base tint appearance?

I concur :)

Back