• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens loose

Atticus

1-2-5
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Central PA
I just got a pair of used Frogskins and I noticed on just one orbital, the lens shifts. It actually has a gap at the top. I can shift the lens up in position, but as soon as I wear and move the frames around the lens “drops” back down. The other side is tight. It seems like either the lens is cut small or the orbital is different.
Is there a way to adjust the orbitals on a Frogskin frame to keep this lens in position?
Thanks
43D6648B-0ACD-447F-9C7B-65AE3F3D60A3.jpeg

I just got a pair of used Frogskins and I noticed on just one orbital, the lens shifts. It actually has a gap at the top. I can shift the lens up in position, but as soon as I wear and move the frames around the lens “drops” back down. The other side is tight. It seems like either the lens is cut small or the orbital is different.
Is there a way to adjust the orbitals on a Frogskin frame to keep this lens in position?
Thanks
View attachment 441460

Sometimes one of the lenses on a frog are cut a bit smaller vs the variant in the orbital. Unfortunately there's not a ton that can be done other than picking up a new set. Did you buy this pair with lenses in it or did you buy the pair as separate parts.? It's happened to me but I have so many frog frames and lenses I just find a frame that will acomidate the loose parts. You also could paint the frame or have someone here do that for you. I've also fixed twisted frames with steam from boiling water. You could try that. Soften up the orbital and manipulate the loose side to hold the lense better. What Lars is sayin is that some people put the right lense into the left side and the left into the right. If that's the case you'd def get some gaps.. which is possible.. you'd notice the frog looks really weird though. Like an exaggerated wayfarrer style. More so than normal on the frog. Wish I could help ya more.. as in fix that for you. Shouldn't take much effort. The best part about regular non collab high production skued frogs is that they are cheap and easy to play around with..good. luck.

Sometimes one of the lenses on a frog are cut a bit smaller vs the variant in the orbital. Unfortunately there's not a ton that can be done other than picking up a new set. Did you buy this pair with lenses in it or did you buy the pair as separate parts.? It's happened to me but I have so many frog frames and lenses I just find a frame that will acomidate the loose parts. You also could paint the frame or have someone here do that for you. I've also fixed twisted frames with steam from boiling water. You could try that. Soften up the orbital and manipulate the loose side to hold the lense better. What Lars is sayin is that some people put the right lense into the left side and the left into the right. If that's the case you'd def get some gaps.. which is possible.. you'd notice the frog looks really weird though. Like an exaggerated wayfarrer style. More so than normal on the frog. Wish I could help ya more.. as in fix that for you. Shouldn't take much effort. The best part about regular non collab high production skued frogs is that they are cheap and easy to play around with..good. luck.
These lenses look like they are not crossed, correct? What are the risks with doing the boiling water trick? Is it difficult? I am a total Frogskin noob.
ACC0457B-C71F-4CA0-99DF-EBE6BFAB34F4.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back