• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Moves In Oakley Frogskins

Ryan52

Oakley Beginner
the lens moves in my rossi frogskins and im just wondering if anyone else has a pair of frogskins that do the same thing. it doesnt effect the glasses really but its just something ive noticed and wasnt sure how common it is

Over the years I have experienced some glasses where a lens has movement within the orbital and if that happens it is usually one lens, I have noticed this for example on Juliets and I had it on the Purple Clear Fade Frogskin where the lens was so loose it just fall out so I sent the pair back for replacement. I understand that just about all, if not every pair of original Juliet - Carbon - Black 04-128 had a loose lens but the later '09 issue of it was of better quality. The 'loose lens' trait is one of those Oakley manufacture foibles I am sure many people here are familiar with, like uneven arms, peeling of certain frames, lines in lenses, lens dots, among others, and the concern anyone has should depend on the severity of the fault, and how easy it is to replace the glass. My own Rossi Frogskin is fine and I am not aware of an inherent flaw with the production of this glass, but if you recently purchased yours and can send it back for a perfect one that would seem a logical option. I wonder how many 'loose lens' X Metals have been sent to Oakley for rectification which has resulted in the customer ending up with a frame where the serial no longer matches the box, which is exactly what happened to me with an X Metal Ruby Juliet.

Ive noticed lens play in some Holbrooks and Crankcase frames. Nothing real serious, just comes with the territory of buying a man-made product. I wouldnt worry about it unless your lenses are falling out of the frame.

Since they are still in production and depending on how long you've had them if you're comfortable walking into an O store asking if they can do a swap for you that may be possible. It's worth a shot.

Latest Posts

Back