• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Options

Zax

Chicago
Not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but I've seen a ton of third party lens options out there on eBay and other sites. (Exovista, Walleva, VL, Samvette, etc). My question is, which company you prefer, has the best quality, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love Oakley's Polarized lenses and use them exclusively, but looking for new colors and what not. Just wanted some opinions on these third party lenses. I apologize in advance if there is already a thread on this.

no problem dude. . .
i hope you will find the right informations.
i´m not a fan of those aftermarket products!

I know, but they're much more affordable than some of the Oakley Polarized options haha. Problem is, I'm a huge fan of the contrast lenses (Bronze base, Vr28, Titanium, etc). Not many of these options have them :(.

This is kind of off topic, but has anyone tried the Amber BIP Lens? They have them pretty cheap online and was wondering how well they worked.

I've got Amber Black Iridium Polarised in my Polished Black Oil Drums, and I love them.

The Oakley Review - Glasses

I live in the UK, where we have a lot of changeable weather / cloudy days. The Amber BIP is a great compromise between a contrast lens and the slight 'mirror' effect that the Black Iridium brings. I'll post up a pic of them tonight, cos the official Oakley pics of the lens are a HUGE exaggeration of the actual effect of the lens. They are nowhere near as yellow as that. It's easily one of my favourite lenses, as it means you can wear Oakleys at all times, pretty much!

In fact, a commonly-used phrase in our family and group of friends is - "It was so dark outside, Herb wasn't wearing sunglasses."

:laugh:

Sweet! I really want this pair but I'm nervous about the Amber base. I am a huge fan of contrast lenses, but hated Fire Iridium. Just to put in perspective, Vr28 BIP and Tungsten Polarized are my absolute favorite and usual go to lenses. I guess my question is, how similar is the Amber BIP compared to fire?

OK dude - here's a pic I took tonight.

Even though I lit the shot quite strongly, you can tell that it's an Amber base, but with a Black Iridium 'sheen' on it.
As with quite a few lenses, they then look even darker when on your face.

This lens is really good. Look at the reviews that users have given it on the Oakley Review link I posted above.
Basically, it has the properties of a contrast lens, but then the Iridium means that other people can't see your eyes too well cos of the reflection.

Try it mate and let us know how you get on. I think you will be converted.

I just wish Oakley released this lens for more sunglass models.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back