• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Polishing?

tweak4

Oakley Beginner
Is there a good way to polish out or otherwise remove scratches from lenses?
Months ago, my trusty Flak Jackets fell backwards off my head and landed lens down on the sidewalk. I've since replaced them the scratched lenses, but kept the old ones. Now that I've discovered the wealth of information on this forum, I'm wondering if there might be a reliable way to salvage them.

best method is simple:
  1. Go to an O Store or dealer
  2. Bust out your wallet
  3. whip that cash out fast
  4. watch how shiny the lenses are when done
That's humor, but in all honesty, the truth. They will not be optically clear if you use an abrasive to polish them. Plus, it will eat off the coatings. Some have done make shift polish jobs on shelf pieces, but nothing worth looking through. If you need Flak lenses, I have a couple pair I will let go cheap

Keep the old lenses, use them as beater lenses while doing yard work or something. A pair of my Half Jackets recently took a swim in Lake Erie, I now have a pair of BIP beater lenses.

best method is simple:
  1. Go to an O Store or dealer
  2. Bust out your wallet
  3. whip that cash out fast
  4. watch how shiny the lenses are when done
That's humor, but in all honesty, the truth. They will not be optically clear if you use an abrasive to polish them. Plus, it will eat off the coatings. Some have done make shift polish jobs on shelf pieces, but nothing worth looking through. If you need Flak lenses, I have a couple pair I will let go cheap

That's actually what I did. But in looking through a drawer today, I came across the ones that I replaced, which is what got me wondering whether or not they could be salvaged. Of course, depending on what lenses you've got and how cheap you're talking, I may still be interested in picking up a spare set.

BTW- any luck with those Straight Jacket icons you were going to look for? (yeah, I'm that guy from Facebook)

Latest Posts

Back