• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Screw on Carbon Blade

Jamessy8691

Oakley Beginner
Hello,

am planning to buy a pair of those Carbon Blade Ferrari.....

I am a bit reluctant right now coz i have been seeing reports of lens screws popping off the frames... Is this a regular thing or just isolated cases??? Am sure they are not as sturdy as my circa 2006 Juliet polished Frame fire iridium polarized....They just kind of caught my fancy..

Would love to hear from you carbon blade owners be them regular or ferrari owners.....

Thanks in advance

I have been wearing Ferrari Carbon Blades with prescription lenses regularly for the past six months. The Rx lenses are heavier than the standard non-Rx lenses, so they may put more stress on the screws. I have had no problems with the frames at all. In fact, I like them so well that I have purchased more pairs.

hello Sun and Sand.... so nice to hear your input.... you wearing them regularly for the past 6 months without a hitch sounds reassuring... i really would want to buy them but at $500 they arent cheap so i have to make sure my investment will last...thanks again

Well, it pops out if you sit on/smash the frame. And it's not really the screw. It's the metal insert in the carbon. But they can be fixed

so , they dont just pop out randomly if the glasses are handled properly??? coz that is my concern... im worried that they might just pop right off randomly even if the glasses are handled with care.... and i do handle my glasses with care especially those upwards of $300....:)

thanks guys..... will be calling my shades guys to place an order soon.....think im gonna go with the ferrari coz it has most "flair" i guess....:cool-33:

If you get the Ferrari carbon blades with the Ferrari logo etched into the lower left corner of the left lens, I recommend you try on a pair before buying to make sure you won't find the logo too distracting. When I first tried on the Ferrari carbon blades, I was surprised how visible the logo was. I had to wear them a week or so before my brain learned how to filter out the logo.

Back