• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens spontaneously delaminates

Has anyone had an aftermarket lens delaminate ??

Over the years, I've had Revant, Fuse and LG and none of them have ever delaminated or look like they've gotten hit by chicken pox...

What do they use that eliminated delamination of lenses that Oakley doesn't ??

Has anyone had an aftermarket lens delaminate ??

Over the years, I've had Revant, Fuse and LG and none of them have ever delaminated or look like they've gotten hit by chicken pox...

What do they use that eliminated delamination of lenses that Oakley doesn't ??

They'll delaminate too given they're old enough. Also, they may be using a stronger adhesive. We don't know why Oakley chose a lesser strength adhesive. It could be for clarity purposes.

Good ol Oakley...

My OEM non custom cuts have not delaminated - it's the custom cuts that seem to delam faster than others, for no reason...

I posted recently (probably a couple months ago now) about a Plasma Fire Juliet of mine doing the exact same thing. And it wasn't a chemical reaction. Still don't know what caused it.

Another OEM (non custom cut), lightly used lens, spontaneously delaminates on me overnight. This time Emerald Iridium. This might be my 4th set of Oakley lenses that does it. Fkng BS 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

View attachment 762046
Ouch brother, over the last week/month any liquids of any type touch them?
The Oakley cleaning fluid?

Sucks more that it was an OEM Emerald :(

Back