• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Storage

Hando

Oakley Expert
Any of you have any creative ways of storing your lenses? I can't be the only one who has way more lenses than I do X-Metals.

I'm going to get it out of the way and say, "In your sunglasses" now, so :p

I've seen two versions of the RX Lens vault, but they seem quite a bit rare. Looking for something along the lines of these systems.

Having boxes is fine, but I dunno, I kinda want to organize a little better.

Most all my lenses have foam sleeves and original boxes. If I don have any extra foam sleeves or mini micro bags I use small zip lock baggies. It allows me to quickly view what I have and I also use a micro sharpie to write at the top of the bag what lens it is and if your trying to determine what side you have for Mars or Romeos you can note it also. All my lens cutting templates are kept this way to ensure what I have and how many. All spare lenses are then stored in a clear Plano waterproof molded storage bin. Has enough compartments and also holds all my small extra parts according to needs.

I just recycle old lens boxes and bags, writing on the flaps in sharpie.
Not very glamorous.

I have an RX metal vault that I have converted to hold full size lenses. It holds about 10 pairs.

I have a small pelican case for each set of lenses which is then vacuum sealed in an airtight drawer within a climate controlled safe, they are handled only with fresh new white cotton gloves and I don a facemask so as to not get any kind of perspiration or dust particles onto the lens.

Like xmetalmaniac (I'm sure on a WAY smaller scale) keep my extra lenses in the foam sleeves/Microbags in (mostly) matching boxes.

I have a small pelican case for each set of lenses which is then vacuum sealed in an airtight drawer within a climate controlled safe, they are handled only with fresh new white cotton gloves and I don a facemask so as to not get any kind of perspiration or dust particles onto the lens.

I do actually use the white cotton gloves when I'm changing lenses!

Back