• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Storage

For overflow lenses (more lenses than OEM packaging) I do like xmetalmanic, store them in ziplock bags labeled with a sharpie - I first gently wrap them in some charmin ultra-soft and tape it up. Yes, I know that's not the best choice, but I carefully wrap them, not rub them with it, and I don't have spare microfiber material laying around to use instead...

I have been known, though, to double-up in OEM packaging. Two Juliet lenses will fit perfectly side-by-side in the foam sleeve, I just have to be very careful not to let them overlap.

Part of my problem is I never throw away used lenses, no matter how badly trashed. I don't know why; I can't think of what I'd use them for, but I just can't seem to do it. Maybe I'm preparing for some far-distant future when for some reason it becomes impossible to get OEM replacements of any kind, off-the-shelf or custom cuts, I'll at least have the option to go back to the trashed ones over nothing at all... Not very rational.

The reason you don't throw away lenses is to donate them to the first guy to come along and say, "Hey, I got a Laser Etcher, I need to practice"... And then he cuts you a sweet deal. Or you admit to yourself that like all of us, you're a bit of a hoarder.

In addition to what the others have told, I make sure it does not get exposed to direct sunlight.

I still feel silly when I see an alert for how I missed the S there in the title. Anyways, Xmetal, think you could maybe perhaps, possibly grace us with a picture of your plano storage case thing?

The reason you don't throw away lenses is to donate them to the first guy to come along and say, "Hey, I got a Laser Etcher, I need to practice"... And then he cuts you a sweet deal. Or you admit to yourself that like all of us, you're a bit of a hoarder.

Hmmm, never thought of that first one before. The second one, no doubt...

I still feel silly when I see an alert for how I missed the S there in the title. Anyways, Xmetal, think you could maybe perhaps, possibly grace us with a picture of your plano storage case thing?

I think you can edit the thread title (when you're the original poster). On the right side above the first post, click on "thread tools" then "edit title". At least that should work from a web browser, don't know about tapatalk.

I use the RX vault for my pristine lenses and the rest go into old lens boxes and microfiber lens bags. The RX vaults come up on eBay every once in a while.
vazamuqa.jpg
regapuju.jpg

Lol this was a problem for a while. Initially I tried the RX vault route but was worried on scratching them.

Then I figured out how to make more foam pockets like the ones OEM lenses come in and problem solved. I just write what lenses are in the pocket on the foam.

Back