• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens thickness advice for Mainlink XL and Latch SQ.

madgodzilla512

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

I am at a quite a predicament right now. I am trying to order prescription Oakleys online and basically my prescription is too strong that I am limited to the Mainlink XL or Latch Square. The Mainlink will end up having a lens thickness of 11mm at the edge, and the Latch Square will have a thickness of 9mm at the edge. I also have a wider face so I would prefer the Mainlink XL over the Latch.

These thickness seems too thick in my opinion and am worried they might not look nice with the frame. What do you guys think? Should I still go with them? Or should I go with a different brand that can accommodate thinner lenses?

My father wears prescription Turbines. And I think the thicker part of the lens is the side facing your face. So it's not that noticeable from the outside.
In my opinion the larger frame size of the Mainlink XL will look better with thicker prescription lenses in. In a smaller Latch the thickness might be more noticeable.

I was actually told that there might be a mm or 2 that sticks out in the front for either because it is so thick, but I just decided on going with the Mainlink XL, since I just need one for functionality over fashion.

Latest Posts

Back