• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Type and color for protection

Thall1030

Oakley Beginner
Hi- first time here. Does anyone know what the lightest (most see-through) lens type and color is? It is difficult to tell online. My son needs to wear protective glasses while playing soccer due to an eye condition and we want to get him something he will actually wear. We are thinking of creating custom glasses.

Hi- first time here. Does anyone know what the lightest (most see-through) lens type and color is? It is difficult to tell online. My son needs to wear protective glasses while playing soccer due to an eye condition and we want to get him something he will actually wear. We are thinking of creating custom glasses.

Clear

Clear - if the condition requires protection from impact or dirt for example.

Yellow or Persimmon if it’s simething like Scotopic sensitivity..

You may have to go for a custom cut lens.
I’m currently cutting low light lenses for my self.
Violet shades work nicely.

Last edited:
Not sure how old or how big your son is. Radar EV XS is a cool frame for smaller face shapes, not sure if they offer Clear lenses in this frame. Quarter Jacket, Flak 1.0, Half Jacket 2.0 would be my pics for a frame with a Clear Lens. Prizm Low Light is a very cool lens too. You can get a Flak 2.0 with Prizm Low Light. Lots of options, Good Luck with your son.

Back