• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lense are not 100% consistent that's for sure

For realz though...I look at these Jade lenses I put in my Jupiter Carbons and my eyes get lost in the color. Some lenses have "it" and some don't. Best way I can describe it is like the difference between a factory red Ferrari paint job and a factory red 89 Ford Contour. Well, maybe that is a bit dramatic but you get the point.

I totally agree. Lenses do vary in color, which is why I HATE sapphire iridium. They look like bad batches of Ice I have seen and avoided.

This is so true. I saw a pair of Sapphire Holbrooks Heaven and Earth /Blue frame and was like Wow! those look amazing! Then I saw a Pair of Radarlocks same color frames & Sapphire lens.... the lens had green in them and did not match at all...I was like WTF?

Goggles are already out in the stores..... well sunnies.....you know how it is.

Some of us need our goggles with winter approaching.. Might get a lens for my Airbrakes later even though I usually prefer the less flashy lenses (BI prizm etc.)

They just can't make'em like they used to... Simple. The quality these days is 'debatable' to say the least.

Not just colour... Optical quality, bubbles in lenses, scratches, dodgy ripples in the lenses....

The list goes on..

Oakley just ain't what it used to be

:)

They just can't make'em like they used to... Simple. The quality these days is 'debatable' to say the least.

Not just colour... Optical quality, bubbles in lenses, scratches, dodgy ripples in the lenses....

The list goes on..

Oakley just ain't what it used to be

:)

Yep, I often inspect and find flaws so buying lenses brings a bit of anxiety. I bought a pair of JFL's with ice iridium polarized and the left lens was so out of wack it was like trying to look through the corner of a fish tank. Some times I dont like to buy from the factory because I dont want them to think I am sending back stuff trying to rip them off or something. I will say that their clothing and other merchandise is on point though.

search brought this thread up so...
triggerman with torch

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443807526.307776.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443807536.678827.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443807544.146795.jpg

basically a light ruby.

search brought this thread up so...
triggerman with torch

View attachment 186849
View attachment 186851
View attachment 186852
basically a light ruby.
Hmmm. That's a bit disappointing. Was hoping for a really intense red but that looks about the same iridium-wise as Baseball Outfield. Also what's happened to naming Prizm lenses after their suggested application? Ironically, given I don't wear most of my Prizms for the intended application, I did like that as a concept and it was a strong message for the general public. Maybe it was too specific. Maybe these are for Klan marches. Maybe the problem started when they couldn't decide what to call the H2O Prizms consistently.

At the moment these aren't a must have for me. I might change my mind when I see some but until then I'm hoping for more from Maritime Prizm.

Last edited:
Back