• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses For Deer Hunting

joby619

Oakley Beginner
San Diego
Calling Oakley optics experts. I am preparing for a deer hunting trip in Ventura, CA. Terrain is mostly dry brush with muted greens, olives and browns. I always seem to be the last one to spot the deer when hunting and I am hoping that you guys can recommend a lens that might help. I plan to use my split jackets this year, so please recommend color and polarized vs non-polarized.

Thanks.

IMO OO would be too dark in a shaded environment.

Polarized is debatable between one person to the next.

Personally I think you should go towards the VR50 lens.

It is the lens they use in the King's Camo edition frames, which were produced specifically for hunting.

The VR50 lens would improve contrast and depth perception in the specific light conditions you would encounter in a hunting environment. I.E You would see the white accents on the deer pop much more than say a grey based lens.

Just my .02.

suuThe first question would be why would you go deer hunting in CA?? Haha all joking aside, no sunglass lens is gonna help you land a big buck.. it will really vary dependent on the time of day if youre looking for an edge with sunglass lenses

Personally I think you should go towards the VR50 lens.

It is the lens they use in the King's Camo edition frames, which were produced specifically for hunting.

Is it VR50 in the King's Camo? I thought it was VR28.

I would no do polarized unless your spot overlooks water, but I doubt it's legal to take a deer within certain distance of a lake or stream.

I would suggest an array, and since you've got the Split Jacket they do make a couple of anti-fog lenses that might be of use to you.

Is it VR50 in the King's Camo? I thought it was VR28.

I would no do polarized unless your spot overlooks water, but I doubt it's legal to take a deer within certain distance of a lake or stream.

I would suggest an array, and since you've got the Split Jacket they do make a couple of anti-fog lenses that might be of use to you.

Sorry, VR50 in the Kings Camo Straight Jacket. I can not be for sure in the Flak and Radar.

Back