• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses for Hunting?

MoparFin

I should Work at Oakley
Womelsdorf, Pa
Any hunters have a favorite lens color? Right now I am hunting whitetail in the PA woods/fields with my crossbow. Was wondering what other hunters use. I have a pair of Desolve Fuel cells with the Tungsten lenses. Works well in field/tree line, contrast in the greens is great, but it would be nice to have some higher contrast in the browns in the hope of seeing deer easier.

Looks like it's a SI thing. But look cool. Limited frames .

Screenshot_20211019-150149.png

Prizm tungsten prob has the best contrast while not being flashy in my opinion. I would guess both prizm trail ame prizm golf would be awesome contrast lens as well but might have too much ‘flashy’ iridium. If you are in a blind you could probably get away with any of these lenses (prizm shallow water would also be pretty good).

Prizm tungsten prob has the best contrast while not being flashy in my opinion. I would guess both prizm trail ame prizm golf would be awesome contrast lens as well but might have too much ‘flashy’ iridium. If you are in a blind you could probably get away with any of these lenses (prizm shallow water would also be pretty good).
I noticed with the Tungsten that it looks great in bright sun, with a lot of greens. Once I get into the woods a little more, where its not as bright but still sunny enough for shades, a lot of the browns blend together.

I am in a ground blind when my daughter goes with, not when I go by myself. Too jacked up to climb trees, LOL.

Latest Posts

Back