• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses For Tio2

Uhhgg...go to the store? Why Oakley, why. It's like pharmacy school...they don't have to give a ridiculously hard exam every 4 days, but they do. Why? Because they feel like it. Arrrhhhggg!

yeah I just got off the phone with Oakley, they won't sell the lens by itself, those lenses are only available "custom made" for custom orders of entirely new pairs of sunglasses. I was like "I just want some lenses for my already existing big tacos lady" she was like sorry no blah blah blah. STUPID!!!!

Why? Because they feel like it.
No, because they are trying to drive traffic to their stores. You walk into a store maybe you buy more, maybe someone has an opportunity to upsell you- lots of reasons that O would like to drive traffic to their physical stores.
If the situation were reversed you would do the same. If you had a unique service/product that you could use to your maximum extent/effect you would do that, you would use it to drive traffic into your retail stores where there is a sales staff.
There are 60 OCP retailers within a 100 mile radius of Raleigh. I was stationed in NC for 5 years so I know that it is a big state but with a concentration of 60 retailers in a 100 mile radius it does not seem like there is a dearth of opportunity there.
I'm a thousand million miles away from the store mang. Closest one is an outlet mall 3 hours away they don't have the lens I need either.
OCP retailers are not just O-Stores... http://www.oakley.com/dealers/results?address[Eyewear]=0&address[apparel]=0&address[electronics]=0&address[find_oakley_dealers]=0&address[find_oakley_stores]=0&address[find_oakley_vaults]=0&address[footwear]=0&address[maximum_distance]=100&address[ocp]=1&address[postal_code]=27511&address[rx]=0&address[watches]=0&authenticity_token=Vh+HC18WyLDKZfSRBFAOfL1sIlouh46XgPLqS9zHEGU=&commit=Search&display_map=false
Walk into a local independent retailer, establish a relationship and see what you can accomplish with sugar water.
I was like "I just want some lenses for my already existing big tacos lady
Right, you lied and she didn't buy it. (Unless you really do own a pair of BT's and really did want replacement lenses for it in which case I apologize for jumping to this conclusion). There's an old saying that you might pick-up in the business school rather than pharmacy: "Buyers are Liars" - because they often are and they use their own set of rationalizations for being less than honest. But it always seems that it is OK for a buyer to stretch the truth and not a seller???

If I had a product someone wanted to buy I would let them buy it however they wanted before they change their mind, I definitely wouldn't make it hard for them to buy it. In Oakleys case they have something I haven't seen replicated properly by anyone else and that is the emerald iridium color. If I saw it made by someone else with the same clarity rating I bet you they wouldn't make it difficult to buy and I'd cut right past Oakleys lame rules with a big smile and leftover $. Until then Oakley is in control.
Please don't knock pharmacy school it's hard as hell and we learn a lot. I'm in a financial management for pharmacists class right now I just took an exam in it yesterday. Not nearly as hard as pharmacology where they throw hundreds of drugs at us every week. 2 exams next week there goes my weekend. And yes I believe it is a buyers world, the customer is always right, yadda yadda we've all heard it before and it's true.

Thank you for the tip I will use the link and find local stores and go in with a big pitcher of sugar water :)

the customer is always right

Actually the customer is not always right. In fact, I'm going to fire a customer tomorrow that does considerable volume annually with my company. Some things just aren't worth the headache.

Sorry for sounding like a d**k, I shouldn't because I have a son in college too- I was being as straight with you as I would be with him and I guess I slid into Dad-mode.

Not knocking Pharm, but you learn different things through different disciplines. Business you learn how to schmooze a little, learn the value of maximizing assets. If you wanted many independent retailers to offer OCP products there has to be something there for them. If all they have is the same mix that is found online why would someone want to compete head-to-head with Oakley? These retailers would wind up in the same place that retailers like Best Buy are with people going into the store to see, touch and feel the stuff that they can't online then they go home and buy them online. That's a practice called "showrooming". In a vacuum the manufacturer generally gets the sale because consumers like to purchase "direct" because there's a warmer fuzzier feeling there.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back