• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses-sitting-on-the-arms-of-a-4-0-riser-not-a-good-fit-for-ANYTHING!

No promised pics in either thread!

Here are some pics... The link to the full set with additional context is at the bottom of this post.

Every picture you see where the nose is not on the stopper the glasses are resting on the lenses, so pretty much sll of them less the C SIX, which is close. The Gascan was the next nearest, but still not a good fit IMO. I have not tried an R1, XX, X Squared, etc... maybe I will soon? At this point a 4.0 riser 'compatibility matrix' seems like a waste of my time as most are a FAIIL! :punish:

- The closest thing I could find that 'fit' was the C SIX, which was ok if centered, a little to one side or the other and it was resting the backs of the lenses on the stand.

- You can see the Juliet, a Carbon Vette, is way off
- The R2 barely fit on the stand at all = scary
- The Tron Gascan was close, but still resting on the lenses
- The Tron PB was not as close (someone mentioned their PBs fit well... this one does not)
- The Carbon Blade is not a good fit for these (actually what I wanted these for, my CBs... <sigh>
- Again, the C SIX was the only one of these that actually fit without resting on lenses if it was perfectly centered

Recommendation: Nice to have one or two to show, maybe a single to take pictures, but don't toss out your current orbitals just yet. Also look at the extended pics and you'll notice they 'lean' a lot more than other stands. I don't like that either, another "-1" unrelated to the fit at the nose/lenses.

4.0 Riser Main Photos01.jpg
4.0 Riser Main Photos02.jpg
4.0 Riser Main Photos03.jpg
4.0 Riser Main Photos04.jpg
4.0 Riser Main Photos05.jpg
4.0 Riser Main Photos06.jpg
4.0 Riser Main Photos07.jpg
4.0 Riser Main Photos08.jpg
4.0 Riser Main Photos09.jpg
4.0 Riser Main Photos10.jpg

More pics @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjlsr/sets/72157645093889236

Enjoy! (or not, I didn't really, more disappointed than anything)

That would be disappointing, those stands were not really made for x-metals, the only ones I use are the metal ones for my x-metals. The new stands do look awesome tho.

Try folding the temples and/or placing them on the stand backwards.

Good ideas, but I have tried those things already...

- Folding the arms in is generally not a good fit, unstable at best - especially for the X-Metals.

- Most glasses are too heavy to sit backwards, even the carbon Blades @ 3/4 oz are not a good fit - it becomes clear that the design of the frames are not intended for weight distribution in that manner.

That would be disappointing, those stands were not really made for x-metals, the only ones I use are the metal ones for my x-metals.

I'm not sure what the stands were 'made for'. That is why I did not go through each and every X-Metal.

I first saw them in the Carbon Blade promo, but even the CBs do not seem to be a good fit?

What do they fit well?

In comparison the black orbitals fit just about everything.

Lots of web thickness at the peaks. Time to break out a grinding wheel and do a little modding.

Looks like the stem of the stand the nosebridge sits on is about 1/8" too short. They probably fit lifestyle pairs with flatter profiles like a dream.

Latest Posts

Back