• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses-sitting-on-the-arms-of-a-4-0-riser-not-a-good-fit-for-ANYTHING!

Curious, why won't the Carbon Blade move forward more to rest on the nose? Looks like it has more room to move forward and avoid resting on the inside of hte lenses.

The angle of the arms lends them to slide back - pulling them forward is temporary and defeats the design (I think?)

Also, not to bash these any further, but in close comparison these appear to be much more flimsy, they give more and hold less than the black orbitals most of us have now. I say this in relation to the arms, as the base and spine are solid, but between the 'stopper/bumper' not working and the arms being significantly weaker than the black orbitals my feelings about the 4.0 riser have gone from bad to worse.

I may get motivated and post a side-by-side video...?

I need to find clear rubber washers I can put in front of the stopper. I have 2x 3-tier, which will be sufficient for my Carbon Blades - that is my intended use. I could not see doing anything heavier in a double or triple configuration. Maybe some lighter O-Matter, plastic, Frogs - stuff like that, but nothing 'metal'. :(

Last edited:
I double checked and i was mistaken. It is touching my pit bosses also. Sorry for bad info.

Clear shrink tube?
Good idea!

If I cannot find local gaskets - or make some? I might go that route, a few layers of that. I have rubber tape, but its black so that's not helpful... A few of us have these and I think the issue/concern has been validated - someone will come up with an effective, cost-effective solution. :)

I double checked and i was mistaken. It is touching my pit bosses also.

Well, I guess that makes it unanimous. I'll be calling Oakley in the next day or three to ask them WTF they were thinking with these. Seriously - What were they designed for? What was/is the intent?

Anyone going to F&F in the next few days please ask the folks at the Vault|Store if they have them, what they are using them for, what they think???

Well, I guess that makes it unanimous. I'll be calling Oakley in the next day or three to ask them WTF they were thinking with these. Seriously - What were they designed for? What was/is the intent?

Anyone going to F&F in the next few days please ask the folks at the Vault|Store if they have them, what they are using them for, what they think???
I think on ebay I saw a picture of that stand with Radars on it.....

if you wanna let it go, let me know....

I am going to fix my pair and make them work for my CBs - that is where/when I first saw them. There are some on eBay you can go get, I would do it sooner than later as it may be a while before these become commonplace, just watch your lenses. I have found many pairs 'lock' into these stands, more of the same = 'not good'.

I am going to fix my pair and make them work for my CBs - that is where/when I first saw them. There are some on eBay you can go get, I would do it sooner than later as it may be a while before these become commonplace, just watch your lenses. I have found many pairs 'lock' into these stands, more of the same = 'not good'.
you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I have been known to hang my Radars from the banana holder on my kitchen table........

:shock:

the banana holder on my kitchen table........ I absolutely believe that. I have one of those too. that top hook is well rounded at about 3/8" thick. As long as they are hanging from the nose I'm all good with that! ;)

Back