• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses

Joshua yates

Oakley Beginner
Apologise if I am swearing but I wanted to know if anyone has worn revant lenses? I see on eBay you can get two sets for like £35 which is better than £55 for oakley. Now, I, like most would prefer oakley in my sunnies but for an everyday lens not to get worried bout scratching them are revant any good? Please let me know and sorry for swearing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410541403.220452.jpg

lots of people wear Revants - I'm one of them....

they're obviously not as good as Oakleys, but for the cost it's not a bad option...

I only have two sets of Revants - I purchased them because I could not find an OEM donor lens to be custom cut for my Radars and RadarLocks....

I don't get the cheesy reported headaches or the blurred vision that some people are quick to throw out there...

like I said, there are a lot of people on this forum who go with aftermarket lenses, for various reasons, but most are afraid to post about it because of the backlash...

me, I don't care......my 2 Revant lenses are on rotation with my 7 other OEM lenses.....

Thanks for that I'm only asking so as to save my OEM lenses
if you just want to save your OEM lenses, then get the Revants...

nothing wrong with that....

I got Revants because I was FORCED to get revants....I only wear Radars and RadarLocks...

I was looking for a Titanium Shield Lens and a 24K Gold Shield Lens, which Oakley does not make - only company making them was Revant...

so I bought them and use them every once in a while.....

below are pictures of my 24k Gold lenses and my Titanium Lenses....

Aehpce.jpg

slkoBQ.jpg

fG6K33.jpg

yAJohr.jpg

Like XMM inferred, there has already been quite a lot of discussion about revant lenses that can be found using the search function.

And also like XMM inferred, there is some objective data here comparing aftermarket quality to OEM and outlining the risks of the inferior quality, including the fact that you may not be able to subjectively discern the effects from day-to-day; it's a cumulative effect.

And like Litos said, there are people who wear them anyway. I think he's overstating the "backlash" and I don't think many members try to conceal their use of them - people (like me) may try to restate the arguments against aftermarket lenses, but I've never seen any personal attacks, unless you count a joke or two meant in good humor.

So don't misunderstand what I'm about to say - I like and get along with Litos just fine, have no beef with him, and AFAIK he's the same with me.

But (with all due respect) the arguments he's posted from his own experience with revants compared to the "conventional wisdom" is like somebody smoking their first pack or two of cigarettes and saying, "gee, I don't see what all the hype with smoking and addiction, emphysema, and lung cancer is about - I'm not experiencing any of that..."

So, the information's out there; best wishes with whatever path you choose to take.

Ok thank you for your points of view. I will look to see wats a more viable option. But it's good to have two sides.

Back