• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lessons Learned From The Field

CigarAficionado

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
This hasn't happened to me in the past but it has happened a lot. "The other day, I’m at my local comic book store, and I tell my friend, Mick, that I just got back from visiting Oakley headquarters in California. There’s a U.S. Army soldier standing there waiting to buy some things, and he listens to me talk about how Oakley tests all their eyewear, and how they shoot BBs and drop spikes and all these other crazy things, just to prove that the glasses are safe to wear in a variety of circumstances. The soldier, I note, is wearing Oakley eyeglasses, but then he says to us: ” I know. The swelling on my face finally just went down after four weeks. Everything but right here was trashed.” (“Right here” was where his sunglasses protected him.)" Take from http://www.chrisbrogan.com/what-i-learned-at-oakley/

You won't get that protection from cheap shades/lens. I like this line "These glasses don’t just look good, they save your eyes from serious situations".

Yup. I wear my Oakley whenever I'm out, especially at the weapons range. Protects my eyes from just about everything, including bullet shells being ejected from M16s, which are more annoying than dangerous but could cause eye injury nonetheless.

Yup. I wear my Oakley whenever I'm out, especially at the weapons range. Protects my eyes from just about everything, including bullet shells being ejected from M16s, which are more annoying than dangerous but could cause eye injury nonetheless.
I've taken spall from shooting steel targets in the face. Handguns at ~15-20 yards on falling plates.

I've gotten hit at an indoor range as well. The range used the steel angle plate style trap.

And there's the infamous video of a .50 BMG coming back and taking off the shooter's ear muffs from a longer range shot.

I wear my M Frames at work in the shop, too. We have high pressure systems up to 6000 psi hydro, machining, brazing/soldering/welding, hand tools, air tools, etc etc. I haven't gotten hit there yet, but over the years in shops and machining environments I've been hit with a few things.

Cool to hear that mate. Hope I can experience the same with quality of the lenses. If only I don't need Rx lenses, of course. ;)

Latest Posts

Back