• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lessons Learnt - Never Send Anything To Brazil

salj838

Oakley Expert
Dubai, UAE
I just want to vent out, I have sold a pair enses on ebay and shipped registered mail shipped 19 Oct, was in Brazil since 24 October saying

October 24, 2013 6:16 PM BRSAOD, DXB, BRAZIL Arrived at International Mail Exchange

And till date no movement from 24 Oct onwards. Buyer filed a non receipt dispute even if he knows that I have sent it last 19 Oct, and what is annoying is Ebay decided on his favor with no chance for me to double check with my local post office. Now I tried to appeal the case and no link on ebay where I can raise an appeal to the decision!

Lenses sold for about $80, shipping was another $10, so I lost money twice! Lost on the shipping and the full refund,

I will never going to send anything to BRAZIL!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRR

Ok I feel better now

that is why I NEVER ship to or deal with Brazil...EVER. Been burned for several hundred dollars in the past. Only option is Fedex fully declared, but they avoid declaring anything and won't pay for good shipping since there is no chance of fraud. sux to hear though man, just sux

that is why I NEVER ship to or deal with Brazil...EVER. Been burned for several hundred dollars in the past. Only option is Fedex fully declared, but they avoid declaring anything and won't pay for good shipping since there is no chance of fraud. sux to hear though man, just sux
Yeah my gut feel says I have been victimised by fraud.

Sorry to hear about your disaster. I will definitely avoid dealing with Brazil.

Why is shipping to Brazil so bad? Do they just have a corrupt postal service?
It is a combo of fraud, corruption (I am assuming), and the fact that our postal service just hands off to theirs, so zero updates are normal. When you use Fedex/DHL/UPS, they have dedicated customs for just them, and they don't hand off, so there is no getting around the taxes and duties, which is 99% of the reason why they don't like them, and the other 1% is they are pricey.

Latest Posts

Back