• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Let's see your beater oakleys?

When i first joined this forum, i only had 30ish pairs and wore all of them. Now that my collection has almost tripled in size, i find it's harder to get around to certain pairs. I also found that i just can't bring myself to wear certain pairs due to the fragility of the paint or frame itself (FMJ colorways as an example) and how expensive some frames are to replace if damaged (Tron Pitboss/Gascan, 24k XX, discontinued frames, etc.). I used to be a "wear what you buy", but that's changed over time :tongue:

And as far as the "Beaters" subject goes, i would never wear any of my Oakleys where i know something can happen. I have a pair of Quiksilver shades i wear when i'm tending the lawn. I've had a few pebbles shoot up at my eyes while using the weed whacker.

My first pair of flaks from '07 with fire lenses are my beater pair. They see Mizzou tailgates (yikes), games, and a lot of lake time.

I know exactly what you mean. I wore my USC Flaks to a tailgate and one of my friends thought it'd be funny to throw a plush football at my head while i wasn't looking. I ducked my head just in time, but not enough for it to miss my Flaks that were sitting on top of my head. Luckily only the frames hit the ground and the lenses came out unscathed. I was not happy with her.

I don't have any beaters lol I wear almost all of mine....But the 2 pair I enjoy wearing the most are my Tribal Monster Dogs (kinda hard to see in the pic) and my OT

Last edited by a moderator:
Black brushed Monster Dog with black glossy icons / warm grey

dhy6wyfu.jpg

I've got a real "sexy" pair of brown tortoise Fuel Cell's with aftermarket bronze mirrored lenses I wear to work as to not damage my good pairs. Working outside there is too much crap that could do harm to my good pairs. The aftermarket lenses are new though (lol). I replaced the polarized oem lenses since they were wrecked! I figured why spend $50+ on factory lenses when they were going to be in the same shape quite soon.

I use my Ballistic m-frame for working on cars and such and then i have a pair of old half jackets i wear for when i feel i need safety glasses around the house. But i like the fact no matter what pair i am wearing i have basic safety protection so i would not go to another brand to keep from messing up my oakleys

Back