• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Life Event

I went back in the other day to my test results to double check the PSA level. Luckily it was a .5. My friend that had the surgery was back in the hospital least week after some post op issues. He is out not and trying to get better.

I have to do it and we all know you can! What can we all do here to help or keep you in good spirits?

I went back in the other day to my test results to double check the PSA level. Luckily it was a .5. My friend that had the surgery was back in the hospital least week after some post op issues. He is out not and trying to get better.

I have to do it and we all know you can! What can we all do here to help or keep you in good spirits?
I’m focused on the positives. I don’t care about side effects, bruises, pain. The number is down and the doctors said I’m exceeding their expectations. For me that’s something to focus on. I don’t want to feel good I want my wife to know I’m good. She’s taking this very hard. The only thing I ask is positive thoughts and prayers. Everyone has been very supportive and I am sharing my experiences so that others will answer the call themselves and get tested. No one has to go through this. Just remember waiting is never a good plan. Thanks brother!

Damn just came upon this thread. You helped me acquire my first true grail O item and I always remember that. God speed your recovery sir and you have inspired me to get tested (43 and have a 1 year old) I hate the doctor and have a lot of fear and anxiety but we all have to be brave for our loved ones .

Damn just came upon this thread. You helped me acquire my first true grail O item and I always remember that. God speed your recovery sir and you have inspired me to get tested (43 and have a 1 year old) I hate the doctor and have a lot of fear and anxiety but we all have to be brave for our loved ones .
Don’t make the mistake I did. Had I been proactive four years ago I could have gotten this when it started. Now I have a totally different play to run.

Sorry to hear what you’re going through Medusa. My 17 yr old son was recently diagnosed with Osteosarcoma back in October. It turned our world upside down as I’m sure it did yours. We went from two healthy children to spending much of our time in hospitals and him receiving chemo treatments. It’s hard seeing your kids go through that. There is great strides in medicine but that doesn’t take away the strain and scariness that it does to you. Makes you see things from a different perspective.

I wish you all the best and will pray for you. I’ve never done any deals with you on here but it’s a great group of guys that will support you immensely. I know you’re old school and have some great stuff but sometimes that stuff is just stuff when you are faced with what you’re experiencing. Good luck my friend.

Sorry to hear what you’re going through Medusa. My 17 yr old son was recently diagnosed with Osteosarcoma back in October. It turned our world upside down as I’m sure it did yours. We went from two healthy children to spending much of our time in hospitals and him receiving chemo treatments. It’s hard seeing your kids go through that. There is great strides in medicine but that doesn’t take away the strain and scariness that it does to you. Makes you see things from a different perspective.

I wish you all the best and will pray for you. I’ve never done any deals with you on here but it’s a great group of guys that will support you immensely. I know you’re old school and have some great stuff but sometimes that stuff is just stuff when you are faced with what you’re experiencing. Good luck my friend.
Very sorry to hear about one of your children. I can’t help but look at pictures my wife and I took over the years without thinking about the future. Will there be a time when those pictures will be at my funeral? My wife will be forced to look at them knowing I’m gone. My own stupidity and ignorance may sentence her to that fate prematurely. Living for her motivates me to do whatever it takes.

I hope your son gets the treatment he can and he is able to respond well. People don’t understand the numbers of folks affected nor the emotional pain. The feeling of helplessness is overwhelming. In the beginning I was in shock, then despair, angry, remorseful. I blamed myself. I made a commitment to become a better person.

I wasn’t proud of how I lived every bit of my life. I had regrets about things I had done and decisions I made. I became more religious and realized if I was going to ask for forgiveness than I needed to be able to forgive. I reconciled with a number of people and am at peace.

Tell your son that cancer will not take him it must go through you and everyone around him because you are his shield. Surround him like the Battle of Thermopylae in the movie 300. Hold!

Side effects of the treatment continue to mount. At the recommendation of the doctors and nurses I am having a port a cath placed in my chest tomorrow. Surgery takes about an hour. I’ll be in recovery and most likely discharged later that afternoon. I’m being told I’ll only have it for four months but it is less damaging to my vascular system. Hoping I made the right choice. As long as it goes smoothly there is a ten to fourteen day recovery time. The port will be used for future infusions and the drug travels through a catheter under the skin to a vein in my neck. If all of this sounds glamorous feel free to make the mistake I did or get checked like I told you to and potentially avoid being in my situation.

Side effects of the treatment continue to mount. At the recommendation of the doctors and nurses I am having a port a cath placed in my chest tomorrow. Surgery takes about an hour. I’ll be in recovery and most likely discharged later that afternoon. I’m being told I’ll only have it for four months but it is less damaging to my vascular system. Hoping I made the right choice. As long as it goes smoothly there is a ten to fourteen day recovery time. The port will be used for future infusions and the drug travels through a catheter under the skin to a vein in my neck. If all of this sounds glamorous feel free to make the mistake I did or get checked like I told you to and potentially avoid being in my situation.
God luck tomorrow and wishing you a quick and speedy recovery.

Latest Posts

Back