• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Light Assault Lace Locks

old_for_new_for_me

Oakley Beginner
I recently got some new boots for work: the Light Assault Boot 2. First, I'll say I wear boots a lot. I'll give a little review before my questions below.

These are shaping up to be the best boots I've ever had (for a specific use). They are light and well ventilated, the foot bed is conforming comfortably and customer service confirmed weather-proofing would take well to the materials. The fit around my feet/ankles/lower legs is snug and not constricting after a day's wear. The spacing on the laces is really comfortable on the tops of my feet, too. The extended heels offer an extra stable platform and the soft soles contact the ground across the whole surface, distributing weight and giving a lot of feedback to the wearer. They are cushioned without being squishy. All in all, I'm really pleased.

I did not, however, get the lace locks with my pair... IDK why they weren't in the box. I have been wearing them without problems; none of my other boots had such a device, previously. Has anyone else used the lace locks? If so, would you recommend I get some?

I've no interest in raising the issue with Oakley just because they should have been in the box... but I might pursue it if there is some benefit to them for daily wear.

I recently got some new boots for work: the Light Assault Boot 2. First, I'll say I wear boots a lot. I'll give a little review before my questions below.

These are shaping up to be the best boots I've ever had (for a specific use). They are light and well ventilated, the foot bed is conforming comfortably and customer service confirmed weather-proofing would take well to the materials. The fit around my feet/ankles/lower legs is snug and not constricting after a day's wear. The spacing on the laces is really comfortable on the tops of my feet, too. The extended heels offer an extra stable platform and the soft soles contact the ground across the whole surface, distributing weight and giving a lot of feedback to the wearer. They are cushioned without being squishy. All in all, I'm really pleased.

I did not, however, get the lace locks with my pair... IDK why they weren't in the box. I have been wearing them without problems; none of my other boots had such a device, previously. Has anyone else used the lace locks? If so, would you recommend I get some?

I've no interest in raising the issue with Oakley just because they should have been in the box... but I might pursue it if there is some benefit to them for daily wear.
I've got a WHOLE BUNCH (at least 20 boxes) of assault boots including the light assaults. I have to check for "lace locks" as I have no clue what you're talking about :twitch:

I lace my boots up just fine normally and don't need anything extra for the laces at all anyway so I'm thinking no benefit unless anyone else can chime in.

pretty sure the lace locks are just what they call the top 4 pieces the laces lace through on each side instead of having the style of metal hooks that basically every other boot has.

i have multiple pairs of assault boots and i have never had any external device come with them like a traditional "Lace lock" device.

if you are thinking of a device like the Air Jordan 5 lace locks i don't think it is what they are talking about in the boot features.

pretty sure the lace locks are just what they call the top 4 pieces the laces lace through on each side instead of having the style of metal hooks that basically every other boot has.

i have multiple pairs of assault boots and i have never had any external device come with them like a traditional "Lace lock" device.

if you are thinking of a device like the Air Jordan 5 lace locks i don't think it is what they are talking about in the boot features.
Makes sense. ...but now I want Oakley x Air Jordans... Light Air Assaults??

Exactly. Just to build on this:

http://www.oakley.com/en/mens/footw...uct/11188/?skuCode=11188-889&categoryCode=m07

• Lace Lock System keeps laces in place

Back