• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

% light Transmision

Jequernandez

Oakley Beginner
Who knows what's the % light transmision of the torch iridium polarized lenses?
I can't find that info.
I looking for a neutral contrast with 12% to 14% light transmision lenses for sunny days with bright light and for driving too

Last edited:
oakley-lens-guide-9513.jpg
O Prizm Info chart.png

See if these will help. Not every lens on here but a great reference. "Regular" and prizm.
;)

Is somebody knows where can I find information about the Torch iridium polarized lenses, please let me know.
The oakley's website just shows about Torch Iridium but TIP there isn't nothing.

Being that there appears to be no documented information on Torch polarized a little extrapolation may be necessary unless Oakley is contacted directly.

Standard Torch Iridium has a light transmission level of 17% based on Oakley's information. After reviewing a few other grey base, neutral contrast lenses it can be stated the transmission level of the Torch Polarized would be 17%. Below are a list of neutral contrast, grey base lenses I reviewed and the corresponding transmission numbers.

Black Iridium/Black Iridium Polarized
10% non Pol - 10% Pol
Chrome Iridium/Chrome Iridium Polarized
12% non Pol - 12% Pol
Grey/Grey Polarized
18% non Pol - 18% Pol
Sapphire Iridium/Sapphire Iridium Polarized
20% non Pol - 20% Pol
Violet Iridium/Violet Iridium Polarized
14% non Pol - 14% Pol
Untitled.png

Thanks but I looking for a neutral contrast lenses and the RP are red based lenses.
Sorry, but I'm confuselated.
What do you mean by "neutral contrast"?
:errwhat:
Ruby is a "neutral" lens, as is Torch, neither boosting nor muting colours, and both have a grey base with "red" iridium coatings.
00 Red polarized is a "contrast" lens what will give you 15%.

Sorry, but I'm confuselated.
What do you mean by "neutral contrast"?
:errwhat:
Ruby is a "neutral" lens, as is Torch, neither boosting nor muting colours, and both have a grey base with "red" iridium coatings.
00 Red polarized is a "contrast" lens what will give you 15%.
He should just get BIP and be done with it. :)

Gold Iridium Polarized is my favorite lense on bright sunny days, but BIP is always a safe bet of you havent tried out alot of different lenses.

Back