• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Light transmission info???

since when is Fire Polarized 16%? I know for a FACT dozens of times I was on the O site and it specifically stated Fire Polarized is 10%---as does O-Review. I don't get that at all. And I've used Fire Pol and Fire (which IS 16%) side by side and they're definitely NOT the same transmission.

And that chart says Ruby is 16% (I know I'd seen it listed as 14% for years) and that Violet is 14% (which goes against some sources that have it at 17%).

Obviously that chart SHOULD be the final say....but I'm wondering if they've been messing with he light transmissions on some of these lenses over the years.

I would imagine that they have been tinkering with all the lenses over the years. It's hard to imagine that lens production technologies and materials have remained constant over the years.

I know, I feel like it's different every time I see it. I took those pictures last Saturday so I would hope it's the most recent. I have noticed the colors of certain lenses are more vibrant now than just a few years ago. I compared +red from 2 years ago to ones I purchased recently and the newer ones seem to 'pop' and be more vibrant with more colors... Like max4321 says I'm sure they change them over time.

Back