• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lightning Green Collection

Thats the definition of "innovative" at Oakley since Jannard left.

I'm not usually one to complain but the over saturation of lack luster collections are really starting to make me lose interest in collecting oakleys. This kind of thing makes me want to sell all but 2-3 pairs.

The X metals are in a league of their own, however for me what I think is pretty cool was the artist series Gascans. They come with it all, and thats what is nice. Not just getting box glass and bag, you get the pin and card also. That is what collectors like. They are still doing it like with the fuel cells, but none of them are holding thier value enough to get them. Also they are just doing so many types. I feel bad for a Frogskin collector. My gosh, how many are their now. I think back in 08' when they came out with them at first, they said only limited numbers of them will be produced. Now there must be a 100 since then. Anyway most of the artist series are pretty cool but since the Gascans are gone, nothing seems that great to collect. Just a thought.

I have to say the only upcoming collection that I am excited about is the GP-75, but that is just because the blue and grey combo is one of my favorite color combos.

Again, there is no true innovation at Oakley right now i.e. Garage Rock....what a joke!

Again, there is no true innovation at Oakley right now i.e. Garage Rock....what a joke!

The factory lite wasn't innovative?

Tell me again how using carbon fiber, aluminum, and a completely new designed hinge in titanium isn't innovating.

The factory lite wasn't innovative?

Tell me again how using carbon fiber, aluminum, and a completely new designed hinge in titanium isn't innovating.

Carbon fiber - The Ray Ban pairs have carbon fiber on the arms, and carbon fiber is a well known material
Aluminum - done with Jury
Hinge - Was used on Boomstand Rx frame (2010)

Definitely better than the O-matter pairs that are coming out, but not very innovative. More like a MPH of known tech.

So by your logic, Oakley must invent a new material to be innovative? :rolleyes:

It has still never been done like they did it. Everything is a mph of previous tech with a few exceptions.

Back