• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Like waiting for a bus.....

mjt42

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
UK
.....wait ages for one,
b5421c0cf8dd2bc8bee0a2c4481bfb72.jpg

then another comes along straight after!
be65f8e117141af718dbae74a834acdf.jpg

Been after a Red face MM for ages so I bought a face from Big Rabbit and had it swapped for the black one in my Time Tank - in the mean time, a complete one came my way as part of a trade!!

You did the swap yourself or had it done? I haven't started on mine, still trying to gather the courage :grin: :grin: :grin:

You did the swap yourself or had it done? I haven't started on mine, still trying to gather the courage :grin: :grin: :grin:
Had it done by my local watch maker. While it was apart I also had a brand new movement installed. New battery, pressure tested and receipt to prove work. His labour was £50 so not worth risking a diy job....

I was considering getting the chrono second hand painted so it contrasted with the face but decided to stick with red as it matches the sub-dial hands. With the amount of silver and black on the dial, I think it works ok...

Had it done by my local watch maker. While it was apart I also had a brand new movement installed. New battery, pressure tested and receipt to prove work. His labour was £50 so not worth risking a diy job....

I was considering getting the chrono second hand painted so it contrasted with the face but decided to stick with red as it matches the sub-dial hands. With the amount of silver and black on the dial, I think it works ok...
50 quid for all that work with receipt is not bad, not bad at all. Wish I got a holiday coming so I can visit your local watchmaker.

50 quid for all that work with receipt is not bad, not bad at all. Wish I got a holiday coming so I can visit your local watchmaker.
He's a very reasonable and reputed watch maker in Taunton - I found him while researching TB capacitor replacement which is a service he offers mainly for Seiko/Citizen watches.

Latest Posts

Back