• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Limited Edition Transformers 3 3D Gascan!

XTREME-O said:
BAPD77 said:
Heres a couple pics, i got mine today...

73ffe04a.png

4f0ffcca.png
does your CAM suck or did they not put the auto & descp logos on the O's?????????

No my cam sucks, its a 3 mp phone camera and i suck at takn photos. It does have the tf logo on both icons just cant see in pics.

BAPD77 said:
XTREME-O said:
BAPD77 said:

73ffe04a.png

4f0ffcca.png
does your CAM suck or did they not put the auto & descp logos on the O's?????????

No my cam sucks, its a 3 mp phone camera and i suck at takn photos. It does have the tf logo on both icons just cant see in pics.

Heres a link to a video i did on them u can see the logos but i used my phone video camera for it too. You can see the logos in the video though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0LPXKqOOjU

BAPD77 said:
Ragnaros said:
BAPD77 said:

*snip*

Did you order online or pick them up in a store?

Wife picked up in store.

Thanks for the video, they look great. Glad to hear they were in store. I suspect the "backordered" status is just because they haven't gotten them in yet and should have them in the next couple of days. The website is still listing a "ships in 2-3 days," so that's encouraging at least. Did anyone order these online on Friday and have theirs ship yet?

Also, BAPD77, I've been watching your youtube videos and I saw your Tron 3D glasses converted into sunglasses. Do the sunglasses lenses fit okay in them for normal use? No issues with the frames? Have you attempted to reinstall the 3D lenses into any gascans and if so, do they peel as mentioned earlier in the thread?

Ta-da! Cancelled my backordered online order and picked up the last pair at the local Oakley store. They just got them in yesterday.

7bc4c7be.jpg

The logos are nicely done, look great, but only visible at certain angles.

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

Full review tonight after Green Lantern.

Glasses worked quite well at the movies. The picture itself didn't seem amazingly sharper or the 3D more amazing than the standard glasses (I swapped back and forth several times during the movie to compare), but you really benefit from the shape of the glasses. No peripheral bits visible outside the lenses, and the images continued to stay aligned and in frame no matter what angle I put my head at. you could easily turn your head a bit to whisper something to the person next to you while keeping your eyes on the screen without peeking out the sides of the lenses. So all in all a nice pair of glasses to have. I'm still curious to hear BAPD77's thoughts on the frames with standard lenses installed, but over all I'm happy with them.

Ragnaros said:
Glasses worked quite well at the movies. The picture itself didn't seem amazingly sharper or the 3D more amazing than the standard glasses (I swapped back and forth several times during the movie to compare), but you really benefit from the shape of the glasses. No peripheral bits visible outside the lenses, and the images continued to stay aligned and in frame no matter what angle I put my head at. you could easily turn your head a bit to whisper something to the person next to you while keeping your eyes on the screen without peeking out the sides of the lenses. So all in all a nice pair of glasses to have. I'm still curious to hear BAPD77's thoughts on the frames with standard lenses installed, but over all I'm happy with them.

That's a good question and here is the long answer:

I have two of the Tron Gascans specifically to use one for sunglasses and the others are kept stock with 3D lenses. I had no problems putting the sunglass lenses in the Trons, but I have not attempted to remove the sunglass lenses and re-install the 3D lenses since I have two of them. I have heard from others, however, that when reinstalling the 3d lenses, they ran into problems. I have heard of others damaging the 3d lenses and/or damaging the frames of the Tron Glasses. This is not an issue with me since I have two different pair. Apparently, this damage can occur because the frames are slightly different in the eye orbitals of 3D glasses due to using the lenses. If you have two pair, as I do of the Trons, switching them once should not be an issue, however, I do not suggest doing it more than once.

Lastly, I only have one pair of Transformers 3 Gascan and plan to keep only one. Therefore, I plan to buy a pair of matte black Gascans and swap the Earstems, not the lenses when I want to use the Transformer glasses for sunglasses. It is somewhat of an expensive alternative, but you could ruin your pair of 3D glasses and as quickly as these tend to sell out, getting another pair could be problematic. I hope that answers your questions....

damn i love the box from the Transformer edition!!!
i had no problems so far to install regular lenses in my Tron 3d but i din´t reinstalled the 3d so far.
looks much better with ice iridium lenses and i´m not so much in that 3d-hype yet.......

Latest Posts

Back