• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Limited Edition Transformers 3 3D Gascan!

BAPD77 said:
That's a good question and here is the long answer:

I have two of the Tron Gascans specifically to use one for sunglasses and the others are kept stock with 3D lenses. I had no problems putting the sunglass lenses in the Trons, but I have not attempted to remove the sunglass lenses and re-install the 3D lenses since I have two of them. I have heard from others, however, that when reinstalling the 3d lenses, they ran into problems. I have heard of others damaging the 3d lenses and/or damaging the frames of the Tron Glasses. This is not an issue with me since I have two different pair. Apparently, this damage can occur because the frames are slightly different in the eye orbitals of 3D glasses due to using the lenses. If you have two pair, as I do of the Trons, switching them once should not be an issue, however, I do not suggest doing it more than once.

Lastly, I only have one pair of Transformers 3 Gascan and plan to keep only one. Therefore, I plan to buy a pair of matte black Gascans and swap the Earstems, not the lenses when I want to use the Transformer glasses for sunglasses. It is somewhat of an expensive alternative, but you could ruin your pair of 3D glasses and as quickly as these tend to sell out, getting another pair could be problematic. I hope that answers your questions....

That does indeed. My Bronze replacement lenses showed up today, and I can say that I've successfully swapped the lenses back and forth 6 times now with no issues, the trick is to be careful. Now that I've done so, however, I intend to wear these as sunglasses for the next few days, swap the 3D back in for Transformers on Wednesday, then swap them back into sunglasses and leave them as such until I see another 3d film. I figure at most I'll be doing the swap no more than 3 times/year, so they should hold up to that just fine with some care. If I run into any issues I'll make sure to make it known.

Latest Posts

Back