• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"limted Edition...."

This is the reason why I feel us as a Collectors community, should condem the sellers on here for trying to make huge money on pieces of plastic. Yeh we can all argue everyone needs to make money. But come on - we all saw those prices in the listing on the exchange section!

That is hypocritical. You bought BKRW's for 3 times their retail value. You can't condemn them with one hand and buy from them at inflated prices with the other.

The point is if people pay stupid prices people will ask stupid prices. If no one buys shades for $500 then no one sells them for $500. There by reducing the price

Touché.

Ive never paid more than I think they worth. I really want a pair of Blends but dont feel 3k is a realistic pricetag. £280 for Blackrainbow is fair i felt, so i bought them. $950 for a pair of Royal Blue, stupid. But thats just me.

I think there is a fine line to walk. But alot of ppl are crossing it heavily!

What is a realistic price for a Blends?

For me, the price becomes realistic when someone pays it. If someone pays $3k for them then, for the person that bought them, $3k is realistic. Price/value is an individual thing.

It actually did sell at $2000 earlier in the year OAKLEY BLENDS FROGSKINS RED/GREEN/BLUE/YELLOW/PURPLE | eBay
It also sold for $2000 several times, $2500 at least once, and $3000 at least once in the last few years. That is why they keep their pipe dream of getting $5000. Once someone pays a crazy amount it just gives them the motivation to increase prices in the hopes that one sucker will pick it up sooner or later.

Back