• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear For X-Squared

chimera

Oakley Beginner
Vermont
Has anyone got a rubber kit from Linegear for their X-Squared? Mine came today, and the t-shox look like Juliet ones rather than X-Squared. They seem to fit kind of, but they're definitely not identical to the OEM ones and seem to be working their way out a little. Maybe I just need to give them time. Digging the violet on carbon frames though, now I just need to find lenses to match. There's not an OEM violet lense besides IH that could be used as a donor, right?

Thanks. One of them is staying in fine, the other wants to push its way out at the "fat" end. Maybe I'll take an emery board and file off a very small amount of silicone from the edge. I put the shox in the fridge for an hour to shrink them a little, and that seemed to help until they warmed up again.

That's correct. The XS Linegear uses a Juliet type T-Shock. I've got 14 or so sets and haven't had a problem with fitment whatsoever. Make sure that the little bump on the rear of the T-Shock is pushed through the hole in the frame pretty well. I'm sure you did that already, but just wanted to throw that out there :).
The Violet looks very nice on the Carbon frame. Get a set of IH Split Jacket lenses and Xmetalmaniac can cut them and retain the cross.
4egugytu.jpg

Back