• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LineGear FYI

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
I'm polarized-obsessed; I just can't pick a pair with non-polarized lenses to wear in any level of sunny weather when I could pick a polarized pair instead.

Though OEM is always best, from what I hear LineGear is the best aftermarket lenses, haven't tried them yet myself.

LineGear has a much greater selection of non-polarized than polarized. I emailed them asking if they planned on releasing more colors in polarized and, if so, when.

The answer was:

"Hello,

Thank you for inquiring.

I'm sorry i don't have a plan to relese new colors of polarized lens so far.

Thank you

Daisuke"

So much for that. Prompt reply, though.

The way it's worded it sounds like I was answered by the guy who makes decisions. Maybe that's just an ESL misunderstanding by an underling. Otherwise it sounds like either the owner or manager cares enough to answer customer inquiries personally and / or it's a pretty small operation.

Not that there's anything wrong with that; the x-man's a one-man show and he kicks ass (I'm basing that on reputation; haven't done business with him yet but I plan to in the next few weeks, gotta refuel the pocketbook first).

The booklet that comes with a pair of Juliets lists a wide variety of OEM tints with a number of polarized versions. These days Oakley only sells Juliet polarized replacement lenses in BIP and VR28BIP, if you can find them in stock. I have those and also the discontinued IIP, FIP, and RIP. I've thought about posting a WTB in the exchange section for some of the others in the booklet (specifically Emerald IP) but dunno if they were even ever released as replacement lenses, would prefer to not look any more the idiot than I am already...

I guess there's always custom cuts, but the spreadsheet on the related sticky broke recently so I don't even know which lenses are suitable as donors, much less if the donor style is available in desired polarized colors...

I am with you. All I use is polarized lenses. I was lucky enough to call Oakley and get some sets of Ice Polars from the warranty department.

Your best bet at this point is to get custom ones cut. I have used InfiniteHero for multiple cuts and he does a fantastic job and will give you all of your options. You can get Ice, Emerald, Ruby, 24K and more polarized by using Big Taco Special lenses as donors.

If a sunglass has a lens colorway available for polarized, I pick polarized option all the time. If there's no polarized option, then I settle for non polarized. But preferably polarized.

Daisuke is the man and brevity is probably due to the fact that English is not his primary language.
His English is WAY better than my Japanese.
The old chop chart was fixed and down again, a new one was posted as well.
2014 Updated Lens Cutting Guide

Nice - gives me five potential donor styles for Juliet custom cuts, hopefully that's broad enough to cover the colors I want, I'll check it out. Thx.

I recently received lenses rubber screws and washers from LineGear, the quality was as close to oem as you're probably gonna get.
When you order it's kind of daunting because in person is different than in a picture and it's gotta come all the way from Japan before you actually see what your getting into. That being said I ordered the cardinal lens looking for a fire iridium replacement and I ended up returning it. Also the same situation for some sand colored rubber, didn't hit me as the right color when I saw it in person.

The premium red lens is jaw dropping gorgeous in person. Would rather have it than +red oem personally.
The gold lens is like a sort of inbetween gold shine between oem gold iridium and 24k. Very hot also.
I have had the greenjade before, it is just like jade oem but a little more bright.
I also have the silver mirror lens from them, it looks classy though I haven't installed it yet.

The guy, Daisuke, is the man...Quick replies great customer service.

I recently received lenses rubber screws and washers from LineGear, the quality was as close to oem as you're probably gonna get.
When you order it's kind of daunting because in person is different than in a picture and it's gotta come all the way from Japan before you actually see what your getting into. That being said I ordered the cardinal lens looking for a fire iridium replacement and I ended up returning it. Also the same situation for some sand colored rubber, didn't hit me as the right color when I saw it in person.

The premium red lens is jaw dropping gorgeous in person. Would rather have it than +red oem personally.
The gold lens is like a sort of inbetween gold shine between oem gold iridium and 24k. Very hot also.
I have had the greenjade before, it is just like jade oem but a little more bright.
I also have the silver mirror lens from them, it looks classy though I haven't installed it yet.

The guy, Daisuke, is the man...Quick replies great customer service.

Hi @Nicolas Triana-Baltzer, so did you order through their website **LINEGEAR** Oakley Custom Replacement Lens shop. or through their eBay store? I'm thinking of trying it out, but would prefer not doing it blindly. I came across this thread while doing a search. Thanks for any info you can provide. Please feel free to join the conversation, everyone. Every little bit of info helps. :)

I used their website. He has to mark up the ebay listings a little to compensate for the fees, you'll both save money if you go through his site.
Not everything he sells is on ebay either, I think he just uses ebay as an advertising forum to attract attention to his outfit.
What are you thinking about getting?
I am about to place another order myself, for X-Squared rubbers and mars lenses.

Yeah, shipping is the same but the ebay prices are a little higher due to ebay fees.

He had a message on his website saying the online store was closed until Feb 11th for their spring break. I'm not seeing it now but I assume it still applies, and that it applies to any action related to ebay purchases, too. Just so you know...

Latest Posts

Back