• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LineGear FYI

I used their website. He has to mark up the ebay listings a little to compensate for the fees, you'll both save money if you go through his site.
Not everything he sells is on ebay either, I think he just uses ebay as an advertising forum to attract attention to his outfit.
What are you thinking about getting?
I am about to place another order myself, for X-Squared rubbers and mars lenses.

Thanks for the info @nicosauve1. I kind of need stem/temple screws for the Juliet. The one on mine is starting to slip and I figured I'd just replace it now than have bigger headaches down the road. Is there a minimum order amount?

Yeah, shipping is the same but the ebay prices are a little higher due to ebay fees.

He had a message on his website saying the online store was closed until Feb 11th for their spring break. I'm not seeing it now but I assume it still applies, and that it applies to any action related to ebay purchases, too. Just so you know...

Thanks for the heads-up @kronin323. I appreciated that.

I kind of need stem/temple screws for the Juliet. The one on mine is starting to slip and I figured I'd just replace it now than have bigger headaches down the road.

PM @InfiniteHero for Juliet screws. I know he has orbital screws, don't know about temple screws. If he does, though, it's easier than having them shipped from Japan...

Don't know if new screws will solve your problem, though - there are tiny nylon washers in the earstem hinge and if your slipping is from them wearing out, then the washers need replacing, not the screws.

I don't know where you can get replacement washers to do it yourself. I do know it's a tricky pain in the @$$ trying to get everything lined up (there's a post elsewhere on this forum with instructions).

I do know if you send a set to the x-man for nosebridge tightening, he'll replace your earstem washers, if they need it, as part of the package.

InfiniteHero was the first person I contacted actually, unfortunately he doesn't have them. He was extremely helpful in getting me the screws for the orbitals though. Thanks for the info on the washers. They're new. Actually, they just came from The X-Man.

This whole problem I have is my fault actually... the frames I sent out to The X-Man came back so perfect and tight, that I had this really stupid idea to just slightly loosen the stem screws to preserve the life of the nosebridge. When I did though, I loosened them a little too much and the stems couldn't hold a 45 degree position, so I went ahead and tightened them up. One side did perfectly, the other not really. The screw on that one started to slip from the driver and I can only apply a certain amount of torque. Any harder and it slips. Next time, if it ain't broke, I'll leave it alone. :headbang: Do you think adding more washers would help? For some reason, the frame I sent to The X-Man had about 4 on each side that I removed before sending it for a tune-up.

Ah, so you're already ahead of me...

Depends on where the damage is:

- By slipping, is the driver stripping the screw head? That's bad business but not fatal, still needs replacement screw...

- Remove the screw and see if the threads are stripped (try not to mess up the alignment of earstems / washers / frame while the screw is out). If the threads are stripped, a new screw is the right solution. If not, the threading in the frame is stripped and that's pretty much fatal with this titanium alloy, though maybe x-man can recut them. It's more likely the screw threads are the ones that are stripped (softer metal) so in that case you were on the right path from the beginning, sorry for wasting your time; LineGear does sell them (temple washers too).

Good luck!

Last edited:
Yes, I can confirm that the screw vs the screwdriver is where the slipping occurs, and (thankfully) not the screw vs the frame.

And you're right, that alignment issue between the top and bottom washers with the stem hole and orbital temple holes was a real hassle. I was able to insert an extra one, aligned everything perfectly, and tried the semi-stripped screw one last time before calling it a night - so from my last message to this one I'm typing now, that's how much time it took for me to put everything together. Sort of a good news - the screw cooperated. I applied more compression than usual, at the same time I was applying torque, and it didn't slip, as long as I did it really slow. Tested the stem for resistance and it felt okay. A little easier to fold than the other one but that's more than I can ask for at this point. At least it'll help get me by until I'm able to place my first order on the Linegear website. I really hope that website's clean. It's the first time I've heard of them.

At least it'll help get me by until I'm able to place my first order on the Linegear website. I really hope that website's clean. It's the first time I've heard of them.

There are people who will argue that OEM / custom cut lenses are better than any aftermarket; InfiniteHero makes the best argument (based on optics) and made me a believer, but LineGear does the best of the aftermarket lens colors, have the best aftermarket reputation.

LineGear does color rubbers (including orbital washers, only place I know of to get them) made out of silicone - not as good as OEM and more expensive but pretty close for dry grip, doesn't grip better when wet like unobtainium but lasts longer, really your only real option for colored rubbers. Being silicone, a little translucent compared to OEM. For black I'd go OEM but for any colors I'd go LineGear.

Everybody's vulnerable to zero-day exploits but do some forum searching and you'll find lots and lots of people have done business with LineGear. I wouldn't hesitate for security concerns; their website is as safe as the majority...

I applied more compression than usual, at the same time I was applying torque, and it didn't slip, as long as I did it really slow. Tested the stem for resistance and it felt okay. A little easier to fold than the other one but that's more than I can ask for at this point.

Maybe you caught a little bit of the washer and it acted like thread tape; works short term but that's all you need...

If I may ask, what's the brand / who's the manufacturer of your T6 driver?

Maybe you caught a little bit of the washer and it acted like thread tape; works short term but that's all you need...

If I may ask, what's the brand / who's the manufacturer of your T6 driver?

Maybe. It kind of felt that way. I'm sure I didn't have those washers perfectly aligned when I threaded them with the screw.

I'm using the T6 driver from this company called Tekton. I'd put the link here but I'm on an Android and don't really know how to. Maybe a little later when I get on my PC... if you still need the info. Got it from Amazon.

I got washers from the linegear website also..they are thicker than normal, probably meant to only have 2 per arm (1 on each side of arm between arm and orbital) but they seem high quality.

I had a maddeningly frustrating time trying to get the washers to line up right and stay where they were supposed to...I gave up and just sent it all in to X-man while also have the frames refinished. I've gotten it to work before but it takes me like an hour of sitting there with maximum patience and luck holding something in my damn mouth to spread the frame enough to fit the washers in right, not interested in dealing with it any more. X-man probably has some tool that does it in 2 seconds..

borgs I don't think there is a minimum order but shipping is $6.50 I think so you want to make it worth it and not forget anything.

Double up the oem...4 per side or get the linegear washers.some frames need only 2 and some need 4 per side.a dab of oil or grease will eliminate any unneeded friction.

Latest Posts

Back