• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LineGear FYI

I got washers from the linegear website also..they are thicker than normal, probably meant to only have 2 per arm (1 on each side of arm between arm and orbital) but they seem high quality.

I had a maddeningly frustrating time trying to get the washers to line up right and stay where they were supposed to...I gave up and just sent it all in to X-man while also have the frames refinished. I've gotten it to work before but it takes me like an hour of sitting there with maximum patience and luck holding something in my damn mouth to spread the frame enough to fit the washers in right, not interested in dealing with it any more. X-man probably has some tool that does it in 2 seconds..

borgs I don't think there is a minimum order but shipping is $6.50 I think so you want to make it worth it and not forget anything.

Thanks nicosauve1 (name change? :)), and yes, I know exactly how you felt about getting those washers to line up with the metal frame. Took me hours to put mine together. I guess I'll go the Linegear route too. $6.50 with no minimum order quantity isn't so bad - it's just like Priority Shipping via USPS here. I'm only after the screws and rubbers - you know, the wear and tear parts. It's a shame the orbital gaskets set had to come in different colors. I'd prefer my order to be all in black. I guess I'll just color them with a Sharpie or something.

Borgs, got some pics of your frames all finished up?

Hey pistolpetefan23! :) yeah, working on it. They came back from The X-Man as good as new - and after seeing the frames before they got tuned-up and refinished, I was really impressed by the quality of work The X-Man has. I'll post pics soon. I just caught a little snag with screw problems but it's not serious (yet). Pics will definitely follow in the next few days. :)

Just placed my order for some temple screws, temple washers, gaskets, and a T-6 screw driver at Daisuke's website. For those who have bought from him, how soon after order placement do the items ship, can the shipment be tracked, and are there any other customs fees I should expect or is everything included in the amount charged in shipping? :)

Just placed my order for some temple screws, temple washers, gaskets, and a T-6 screw driver at Daisuke's website. For those who have bought from him, how soon after order placement do the items ship, can the shipment be tracked, and are there any other customs fees I should expect or is everything included in the amount charged in shipping? :)
Shipping is pretty fast, with in a day or two. You get a tracking number but mine haven't updated when the package gets out of japan. There are no other custom fees I have needed to pay with shipping to the USA.

anyone know how good a match the LineGear violet rubber set is for violet lenses? Would it recreate the IH look? I have a pair of carbon XS with BIP that I'm bored with, and once I get my Juliets back from The X-MAN I think I'll do something different with the XS (they are my only 2 pairs of Oakleys), and I've seen a pair of matte black Juliets with the IH lenses and rubbers and they looked really good.

Back