• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Gold Lenses

Your best chance at finding a gold donor is to use an M frame lens. The curve is slightly off but finding an 8.75 romeo donor is highly unlikely and if you do it will likely be expensive.

Gold is the nicest all around lens ever made.

Gold is the nicest all around lens ever made.
S’truth.
Frustrating that Lux has abandoned its legacy tints, including all the golds, (Leather, VR28/50), OOs, and H.I.s replaced by the all powerful “Prizm”.
:(
I’ve yet to see a bronze based replacement from the aftermarket...
Pity.

I also have a pair of linegears gold lenses. As mentioned, theyre not really close to oakleys gold iridium.
However i still think they look nice and understated.
if u want flashy gold, linegear may not be for you.

Here are pics of mine...... the gold mirror is not super reflective but in my 1st gen bone TI it compliments it very well. And it has a gray base but it seemed to have a sort of half layer backside AR coat on it ..

FBFCC7FC-76FB-49BD-A97A-7D4FC78B7551.png
889D6455-9845-4366-9EBD-20D104FB8A13.png
9835F4C1-8994-43CC-8A3A-5BBACD94E233.png
B6E29570-6E2A-4F14-B239-4060730B7926.png

Linegear has new gold NXT lenses that are probably closer to OEM compared to the gold polycarbonate lenses. The clarity and function of the NXT lenses are definitely better that the OEM gold iridium. Also, talking about gold lenses, Linegear is working on producing 24k lenses. We will keep you guys updated.

Linegear has new gold NXT lenses that are probably closer to OEM compared to the gold polycarbonate lenses. The clarity and function of the NXT lenses are definitely better that the OEM gold iridium. Also, talking about gold lenses, Linegear is working on producing 24k lenses. We will keep you guys updated.
I'm not seeing it on the website. Or is it the green base?

Back