• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LINEGEAR Japan Corner, Q&A, latest update

I'm thinking why make stuff like that for sunglasses that will be gone soon?

@Linegear Japan makes stuff for sunglasses that are going to be around forever. ;)
lol, Frank. i bought two pairs of Badman before i bought a proper X metal. (thanks again @Litos for my reverse TIO2!!) The Badman is actually a great pair for me. then again 2 months later only one Badman survives. X metal is made 1000x better. What dude above is saying is what i had asked a while back...and his logic is probably like mine, if lenses were worth making for the Badman, surely the earsocks would be as well. I imagine the cost of making another mold outweighs the potential profit with a model that may be extinct in a year. Honestly, i get it. Even if i wish there were Violet and Orange earsocks, its just not a fiscal viability, and in business, that is all that truly matters. The Linegear guys are awesome at what they do, and I honestly plan to do more business even if Badman doesnt have ES options. The Garnet lenses are great. Also, the Juliet/XX earsocks almost fit the Badman. there just isnt a good way to form/close the ends into a point. They work as is, if you are less OCD than me.
as you can see here...
@Linegear Japan I got my package yesterday. You ship fast to Upstate SC. Totally stoked on my new lenses. I feel like Garnet is a perfect finish for my badman's. In other news, the Juliet ES look amazing. They almost fit the Badman, but the mod i was considering doesnt work the way i had imagined...But its not horrible as it is. Mind you, it would be awesome of one day the Badman had custom ES since your quality is top-notch, but I dont blame you. if the demand was there, they would exist

View attachment 331186

View attachment 331187

View attachment 331189

lol, Frank. i bought two pairs of Badman before i bought a proper X metal. (thanks again @Litos for my reverse TIO2!!) The Badman is actually a great pair for me. then again 2 months later only one Badman survives. X metal is made 1000x better. What dude above is saying is what i had asked a while back...and his logic is probably like mine, if lenses were worth making for the Badman, surely the earsocks would be as well. I imagine the cost of making another mold outweighs the potential profit with a model that may be extinct in a year. Honestly, i get it. Even if i wish there were Violet and Orange earsocks, its just not a fiscal viability, and in business, that is all that truly matters. The Linegear guys are awesome at what they do, and I honestly plan to do more business even if Badman doesnt have ES options. The Garnet lenses are great. Also, the Juliet/XX earsocks almost fit the Badman. there just isnt a good way to form/close the ends into a point. They work as is, if you are less OCD than me.
as you can see here...

No big deal if they don't make. I like the badmans and would like to have options. But if they don't I'm not loosing sleep over it.
So you're upstate South Carolina?

yup, my whole life, ive called Walhalla home.
Also, that is one of the reasons I bought a pair of XX. Endless custom options. I still love the Badman, but plan to buy x metals going forward.
Cool! I'm in northern South Carolina in chesterfield. Yeah I've owned penny before and just bought a pair of Juliet's and looking to buy more. I was just saying it'd be cool to customize the badmans. Maybe I'll figure out something and share with people that might want the same.

Update....trimming the height of the temple shocks by using a razor blade, and cutting off the top layer where it has a line from manufacturing, but leaving the raised oval proved to make the perfect temple shocks for me. Yay modding! Now, to order more colors and some more lenses.

Lesson learned today: when trading on OakleyForum, 1. Always use PayPal G&S, 2. Read trader feedback for they serve a purpose.

Almost get burned for some good amount of cash. I can't write openly not to violet OF rule, but feel free to inquire because I got another member for "Black List".

Thanks all good guys who help makes OF a lively community.

CC: @SiRacer420 , @Lupetto , @OakleyFrankFMJ , @leQ, Trump, @grimm , @onz et al OF heroes.

Last edited:
Romeo 2 lenses' rubber gasket *washer DIY

So basically we cut the tip of our earsocks to make a DIY R2 lenses' rubber gasket and it works perfectly.

Have a try!

Caption: one R2 lenses' rubber gasket inside and one near the ES, both freshly cut.
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0094.jpg

Last edited:
Back