• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Lenses Arrived But....

I had the same exact issue with my R1 Linegear lenses. I tried everything, every way, anyhow and nothing worked. I could only manage one side to fit perfectly, but the other wouldn't seat properly and I couldn't get the screw to grab and tighten down. I finally broke down and decided my only option was to shave down the side that was giving me issues (b/c I was impatient and didn't want to ship them back for an exchange). It worked, but in the process I slipped up and scratched the lens...a brand new pair was ruined before I could even use them! Needless to say, I should've chose the latter option.

Anyway, I think you're correct by saying that they are cut a little to perfectly round. If you look closely, the OEM lenses have a very slight break in the curve along the edge nearest where it mounts at the nose (see your 2nd photo of the black lens...the right side has a ever so slight vertical edge). Linegear's lenses are perfectly rounded on all sides, no breaks at all. My issue was with my left side lens (looking out), the right side was fine...it seemed like the left lens was a hair to tall to fit properly in the orbital channel. My other issue was that my R1 didn't come with the OEM lenses, and the pair I received didn't fit properly either (the seller didn't disclose this to me when I bought them :mad:). After regretfully shaving down the lens to fit, everything fit nice and snug.

I'd suggest that you contact Linegear and have the lenses exchanged. It'll suck having to go through the process and waiting period, but unless you're handy and confident in correcting the problem yourself, then it's worth having Linegear take care of it. Good luck brah!

ill be damned bro!!! ill try every possible angles to let them fit tonight, if all of it fails then ill contact daisuke and i have no choice but to return the items! the rubbers i bought are ok though. sucks when youre really excited and then you just get disappointed! thanks anyway bro!

You would think that a pretty big company like linegear could make lenses fit halfway decent.

i know bro, like do they have a quality control section there? like checking all the lenses if they fit the frames or not..... :mad:

the frames are a loss cast wax molded frame. They aren't all the same by any stretch, and those companies are pumping out .05cent lenses. Quality control is NOT an option, even if they replace 8 pairs, they are still making money...Exovista was exactly the same. Every single set I ever handled NEVER fit right. Sure, they could probably tighten up the program on the cad router (if they are actually using one), and will have better results, but it's pretty doubtful they care. I haven't handled a Linegear set, but have seen several of their other items and it's just cheaply produced product that fills a gap. That stuff is a last resort at all costs option really.

the frames are a loss cast wax molded frame. They aren't all the same by any stretch, and those companies are pumping out .05cent lenses. Quality control is NOT an option, even if they replace 8 pairs, they are still making money...Exovista was exactly the same. Every single set I ever handled NEVER fit right. Sure, they could probably tighten up the program on the cad router (if they are actually using one), and will have better results, but it's pretty doubtful they care. I haven't handled a Linegear set, but have seen several of their other items and it's just cheaply produced product that fills a gap. That stuff is a last resort at all costs option really.

aww.... so i have no choice but to return them?

What's the total height and width in mm of the Linegear lenses?

ill be damned bro!!! ill try every possible angles to let them fit tonight, if all of it fails then ill contact daisuke and i have no choice but to return the items! the rubbers i bought are ok though. sucks when youre really excited and then you just get disappointed! thanks anyway bro!

Yeah, if they still don't work just exchange them or get your money back. I know exactly how it feels to be all excited and things do work out. Good luck and hope you get everything resolved!

As chop said, Romeos are very inconsistent. When I cut my ice lenses the other night, you could tell the two orbitals where very different in shape, even on the same pair

Back