• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear NXT Blue Mirror

JayT

Oakley Expert
I wanted to try the NXT lens material but was wondering did anyone try out the blue mirror finish? I noticed most of Linegear's NXT options are nonreflective. I was wondering if the mirror finish affected people looking through the lens. Thanks for any help you can provide.

What do you mean by "affected people looking through the lens"? If you're referring to clarity, all of Linegear's lenses are quality options. I use several of their (non NXT) lenses and have had no issues.

I was wondering if the mirror finish may have affected clarity in some way or perhaps the color when you look through the lens may be uneven? I ask because I purchased a set of Turq blue for my XX and when looking through the lens it was uneven. The center of the lens had a different shade vs the edges when I was looking through the lens. It gave me headaches so I gave up on the lens. When I asked about it I was told that is how the lens was meant to come out.

I was wondering if the mirror finish may have affected clarity in some way or perhaps the color when you look through the lens may be uneven?

I've used this NXT lens two days straight now no issues with color uniformity. The base is a neutral grey lens, and the blue mirror doesn't seem to be as heavy as some stock Oakley lenses so maybe that helps with the view.

I was wondering if the mirror finish may have affected clarity in some way or perhaps the color when you look through the lens may be uneven? I ask because I purchased a set of Turq blue for my XX and when looking through the lens it was uneven. The center of the lens had a different shade vs the edges when I was looking through the lens. It gave me headaches so I gave up on the lens. When I asked about it I was told that is how the lens was meant to come out.

I had a major headache/spin out using those lenses after about 20 minutes of wearing them and it took a couple of days for them nausea to pass, I am not alone in this.

They are beautiful lenses to look at but horrendous to look through.

Yup but we have great cutters here that can do the work at a great price. I bought a bunch of donors and need to send them in when I figure out what cuts I need. For me its Romeo or XX.

Latest Posts

Back