• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
That's good to know. I was disappointed with the cheaper aftermarket lenses. After looking around a few threads here I understood why.

Well after approximately 2 months of solid daily use, I will say that Linegear has a winner of a lens. I was truly Oakley OEM for the longest time even when I tried some other aftermarket companies just to see how they were, I ended up with being totally against using them. Linegear contacted me and asked if I would try their new NXT lenses, I thought about it and said it won't cost me anything to provide an evaluation so I opted in to do it. I told them I would not wear them for just a week or two but they would get my honest evaluation and it would take a little while. So after two months I will say they have provided me with another option for lenses in the future.

The quality is beyond my expectations. Let's start with the lens itself, they are not flimsy like most aftermarket, the lenses are thick and well made. I installed them into a first gen ti02, fit was perfect, slightly tight but nothing that wasn't easy to work with, they didn't distort light or create those weird starburst effects to traffic lights or ambient lighting. They were clear and didn't give me a headache. I brought them to an optometrist who reviewed and the optical quality was beyond my expectations. Sure they are twice the price as some of the other aftermarket lenses out there but I believe in my honest opinion that they have brought a quality product to the market that I would even use.

The packaging was well done and I received them in about 9 days.

e875ec5e46f4fe79ee8f670406c75565.jpg

43bce411e600351e549990c90ffe8e6e.jpg

I will continue to use them and provide an unbiased review for future updates

Thank you for making an honest review. This is very transparent; we found that @xmetalmaniac & @OakleyBoss are amongst experienced & respected members in this community, independent and would not bias toward us because they also have other sponsors in mind too. So they say what they see.

In addition to Juliet, we've just now included Romeo 1.0 NXT lenses. There are three color: Black, Violet & Copper.

ROMEO1 NXT BLACK - LINEGEAR

Thanks for the reviews! They convinced me to give them a try and I just placed my order. I've tried cheaper brands in the past and wasn't that impressed so it was a tossup between Linegear, custom cuts or NOS Oakley lenses.

I've had them (black installed in Juliets) for about four sunny days now and I like them. I understand that trusting my eyes isn't a very good way to judge the optical clarity but they seem to be sharp and free of distortions to me and I have yet to get a headache while wearing them. (I have an aftermarket set in some R2's that look cool but I can tell as soon as I put them on that they aren't as sharp as the originals. I won't wear those for any length of time.) As far as the tint goes, they seem to be a pretty good general-purpose color that I only wish was darker when I have to drive with the sun in my face.

I think they're a winner! Thanks for your review; I'm sure I wouldn't have bought them if not for your write up.

Updates: I have to say the NXT project lenses exceeded my expectations so much that I had to try the copper NXT lens. It's been about a week, as I removed my vr28 lenses from my ti02 and inserted these. The immediate noticeable difference was that they are lighter in transition but are extremely comfortable to wear. I did find that as the sun was almost completely down, I was still wearing them. They sharpened my view and I was satisfied with the quality. Of course I need to wear them more to be fair about my feelings towards them. I am a bit on the fence as to an extremely bright sunny day, I need a bit more darker lenses. I see their lens as a cloudy overcast lens color day, but I need more time in them. Updates to follow.

Thank you for the suggestion. They are only available for current color only.

How were the lenses on your eyes? I mean did your eyes feel any strain at all while wearing them? I usually feel a slight headache when using aftermarket lenses.

How were the lenses on your eyes? I mean did your eyes feel any strain at all while wearing them? I usually feel a slight headache when using aftermarket lenses.
A great question for @xmetalmaniac . I can tell you from my personal experiences with polarized Linegear lenses that I have never had any headache or eye strain while wearing their lenses. You definitely get what you pay for in the aftermarket lens department. Linegear may cost a bit more, practically on par with OEM costs sometimes, but their lenses are solid and have been proven by several forum members to be on par (or darn close) to Oakley lenses.

Latest Posts

Back