• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Rubber Kits....BEWARE!!!!!

Dyeraudio

Juliet Enthusiast
OK fellas......After much speculation I decided to order a White Juliet Kit from Linegear for my X Metal/Slate Iridium Custom Juliet. The kit came after only 7 days.....that was cool......However what is NOT cool is what you are about to read. I installed the kit and a small set of pads on the frame. It sat in my display case...UNWORN.....for 2 weeks.....Upon installation of my perfect, freshly cut lenses from xmetalmaniac I decided to swap out the pads for the Large set for a more comfortable fit. Now....keep in mind that this rubber was NEVER subjected to any wear or anything outside my home or under the hot lights of my display case. As soon as I squeezed the left pad to gently lift it of the pad broke in 2 pieces! No tugging or forcing at all! The break is a nice clean cut...I don't know if its a design flaw or just my bad luck getting a sub-standard pair?....So after calming down from wanting to throw my frames across the room I sent an email to Linegear along with pictures....No reply as of yet....That was over a week ago...I have heard that Daisuke from Linegear reads the Forum.....I hope so because he needs to make this right because I am nothing short of super pissed!

5upe2aqy.jpg

py4anevy.jpg

Its just bad luck man, i have bought a lot of rubbers from Linegear this never happened to me.....

Wow! Tough break dude... I've got multiple sets if linegear rubbers without any problems. It could be a faulty batch.
I'm sure Daisuke will get back to u... His response is usually quite prompt. Perhaps shoot him another mail?

it might just be the material was poured into the moulds too slow or too cool, and separated for a bit, cooled then got rejoined. this creates a non- continuous piece of rubber- and as you observed, will seperate cleanly. just a dud i guess, ive seen s-works set and they look great

Got an email today saying new pads have been shipped. Took 2 emails but I did get a reply and a new set of pads.

Could have been faster to respond, but in the end the outcome is acceptable. Hopefully it turns out to be a bad set and the replacements hold up well.

Back