• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Ruby Clear or Titanium Clear

Markman69

I should Work at Oakley
So I was looking for a good indoor lens to have on a pair but I’m not sure what one to choose. I’ve always liked the way ruby clear looked but what does it look like through it? Has anyone had experience with linegears ruby clear or ti clear?

Ive got their ruby clear in a split jacket lens. Id say its near identical to Oakley ruby clear.

Honestly i dont notice anything while wearing them. More for looks than performance.

The ruby look can be different from pair to pair, some apparent and some much less. I have a few pictures below.

New Zero S with Ruby Clear
New Zero with Ruby CLear
Japan exclusive Unknown with Ruby Clear
Zero S Dark Grey _ Ruby Clear Iridium.jpg
Zero, New Red Shadow Camo Ruby Clear Iridium.jpg
Unknown Japan Exclusive set.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you!! How do you like the lens?

Sorry, totally forgot to do this.

I don’t usually wear them as I’m not really big in wearing non Rx eyewear indoors. They’re clear with a blue tint, kinda how Ruby behaves. Just allows more light.

Also the iridium looks different depending on the ambient light and angle of the lenses. Depending on how the light hits it, you can see my eyes or you can only see the ruby. It’s a neat lens to wear.

Again my lenses are Oakley sourced from the Unknown. I don’t have Linegear lenses to compare.

72B76425-9AE8-40E8-95D8-29AE9BB9533C.jpeg

76E880ED-6725-4FCF-8918-143D35A24389.jpeg

7E929BA8-049A-40E8-ACE0-6ACB8E696F13.jpeg

284D9133-01B8-4EDC-A381-6364BE88D648.jpeg

3CEF4ACE-8C4E-4E67-9CB1-D7B677A59123.jpeg

FE486327-DFE2-4D15-8A21-C5B7F4A694D3.jpeg

I’ve got a loads of indoor lenses. Ruby Clear is sweet but in my opinion there’s are much more practical options available but it takes a bit of searching and also some custom lens cutting. OEM every time

Prizm Low Light for example or VR50 are great options among others.

Sorry, totally forgot to do this.

I don’t usually wear them as I’m not really big in wearing non Rx eyewear indoors. They’re clear with a blue tint, kinda how Ruby behaves. Just allows more light.

Also the iridium looks different depending on the ambient light and angle of the lenses. Depending on how the light hits it, you can see my eyes or you can only see the ruby. It’s a neat lens to wear.

Again my lenses are Oakley sourced from the Unknown. I don’t have Linegear lenses to compare.

View attachment 617904

View attachment 617905

View attachment 617906

View attachment 617908

View attachment 617909

View attachment 617910

I’ve got a set of Linegear XX Ruby clear. They’re pretty much Clear with the slightest hint of Ruby. The only non OEM lens I own.

I’ve got a loads of indoor lenses. Ruby Clear is sweet but in my opinion there’s are much more practical options available but it takes a bit of searching and also some custom lens cutting. OEM every time

Prizm Low Light for example or VR50 are great options among others.

I was hoping I would be able to get low light in my madman’s but we aren’t sure if a forager lens can’t be cut to fit the madman. But based on all the good feedback I think I’ll get the lens :) thank you everyone!!!

Not sure on LG version, but the oakley Ruby clear looks a lot better than it actually performs.

They have this rather unique quirk of projecting a ghost of any shiny reflections or lights that happen to be in your field of view; if there's a light ahead of you there will as though appear to be another light beside it, imagine crossing your eyes it's kind of like that effect but only with lights/reflections off glass. I found this out trying to use a pair for night skiing, turns out they're not great but they do sure turn heads.

Prizm Low Light would probably suit you well, they were marketed to be used for night time stadium games played under those big HPS lights. Other neutral options I guess would be, TI Clear or Light Positive Red. H.I.

In university, I would wear H.I. Persimmon while working on the computer for long stretches, as my eyes would get irritated staring at the screen - now they have a app that allows you tune your monitor's color to be a softer orange that easier on the eyes but at the time that was my solution.

L0ipOKD.jpg

Latest Posts

Back