• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Washers

thisguy

I am Jim Jannard...
OH, USA
Anyone have any tips on putting linegear washers on? They are bigger than OEM and always super tight when I try to put the ear stem back in which makes the washers move.

Ill walk you thru it.....
spread the orb arm tabs apart with the t6 driver, slide the shaft of the driver twords the middle and slightly spread them apart.
use a bit of grease on the top and bottom of the arms where the washers will sit.
Put the washers on top and bottom(the grease will hold the washers in place)
Once in place, push a toothpick in from the top to line up the top and bottom washers.
hold the arm steady and push the screw thru, and tighten.wipe off any residual grease that you slopped all over the place, remember .........you only need a little smudge of it and it will aid in the smoothness of the operation.
thats all I got......

I will try this soon. Thank you for the detailed steps. They are just so much bigger than OEM it's a tight fit.

I find them easier to put in just because there's only 2 instead of four on each arm. Those linegear washers are the Shizz!

Back