• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Disassemble/Repair Guides for Hinges etc of Oakley Sunglasses

Any links on working with a Penny hinge?
Just this - Conclusion? Don't try it at home!!!
I think @dr.chop has done it before, but I'm not sure how active he is nowadays.

Maybe Mr Penny himself could advise. @Chris515000 or send to Australia for @jdd32 to fix up. But it will be USD$20 each way just for postage excluding his costs to fix.

If you've exhausted all that, I'm out of ideas.

Just this - Conclusion? Don't try it at home!!!
I think @dr.chop has done it before, but I'm not sure how active he is nowadays.

Maybe Mr Penny himself could advise. @Chris515000 or send to Australia for @jdd32 to fix up. But it will be USD$20 each way just for postage excluding his costs to fix.

If you've exhausted all that, I'm out of ideas.
@zwc0442 can work on penny hinges.

Penny hinges are a bit of a pain. I've got a system down where I hold the orbital with one finger thru the orbital and then press the arm while folded into the spring hinge to get the hinge lined up. It's a bit hard on the fingers tho. I seen a penny assembly fixture made by oakley for sale on the forums awhile ago that holds both arms and the front orbitals then compresses the spring hinges to allow assembly.

Penny hinges are a bit of a pain. I've got a system down where I hold the orbital with one finger thru the orbital and then press the arm while folded into the spring hinge to get the hinge lined up. It's a bit hard on the fingers tho. I seen a penny assembly fixture made by oakley for sale on the forums awhile ago that holds both arms and the front orbitals then compresses the spring hinges to allow assembly.

I'l post a pic later. Still assembled and works fine, one side just opens way further than the other.

Latest Posts

Back