• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘List of Oakleys (Presumed) Stolen/MIA

My buddy supplied a bike team in NYC with 25 custom Jawbreakers with " Meridian " etched in the lower left corner.

Ring doorbell video showed the UPS delivery being made in Brooklyn and literally a minute after the driver departed, a black male was seen walking up to the box, opening it up and dumping the contents into a garbage bag, throwing it over his shoulder and riding off on a bike.

If you see one of these for sale anywhere, please message me.

View attachment 966960View attachment 966961View attachment 966962
I have seen this problem in multiple threads here.
Are most packages delivered in the USA by the drivers placing the packages on the ground near the door without them ringing the doorbell or knocking?

I have seen this problem in multiple threads here.
Are most packages delivered in the USA by the drivers placing the packages on the ground near the door without them ringing the doorbell or knocking?
Our USPS system is F'd... basically the carrier who is to lazy to try bringing back a signature requirement package or just doesn't want to deal with it has been given a free pass and allowed to sign "covid" to the machine and then just walk away whether you were there or not. That is why I now highlight every part of a label that says signature requirement on it and also write on the side of it "NO COVID SIGNATURE". My carrier plays right cause if you file a complaint on the website they HAVE to confront why the carrier did not do their job but not many people know that so they just accept it. I do not and mine knows it. His butt knocks on my door and I let him sign in front of me and I accept it. Its a shame the world has come to having to go to those lengths to receive a service you pay extra for but it is what it is I guess.

Our USPS system is F'd... basically the carrier who is to lazy to try bringing back a signature requirement package or just doesn't want to deal with it has been given a free pass and allowed to sign "covid" to the machine and then just walk away whether you were there or not. That is why I now highlight every part of a label that says signature requirement on it and also write on the side of it "NO COVID SIGNATURE". My carrier plays right cause if you file a complaint on the website they HAVE to confront why the carrier did not do their job but not many people know that so they just accept it. I do not and mine knows it. His butt knocks on my door and I let him sign in front of me and I accept it. Its a shame the world has come to having to go to those lengths to receive a service you pay extra for but it is what it is I guess.
Covid is over for now, you don't even need any covid test to fly to the US anymore.
Is it standard that every package gets delivered to your home or is that a option you choose?

Covid is over for now, you don't even need any covid test to fly to the US anymore.
Is it standard that every package gets delivered to your home or is that a option you choose?
You can ship no signature with 1st class and priority but if you wish, for $3 to $15 more depending on how restrictive you make it you can add signature requirement. I always do a basic signature requirement because before covid it showed on record the recipient was handed the package directly. That way if they tried the ole' "checked the mail and it wasnt there so I am filing a claim" scheme I had it direct from USPS that yes in fact they did receive it. Plus insurance claims are a joke in the hobby since you have to have receipts and sales records from brick and mortar to win a claim so I wont do that insurance scam period. Yes Covid is over (not really its still out there), we just consider it what it really is a severe Flu and have added it into the rotation of normality. What has not stopped though is carriers signing for you. They have thus far carried on with that and I would not trust a carrier to leave a box unattended for anything right now. I get a half dozen shipments a day from all the companies at work and all of them still sign especially USPS.

All packages go directly to your door, unless you live in an apartment building where they usually leave it in the lobby or vestibule. Package theft has skyrocketed in the last couple of years, especially in cities. It’s dependent on where you live.

Edit: another option is to have it held at the local office, which I sometimes do if I’m shipping something expensive.

All packages go directly to your door, unless you live in an apartment building where they usually leave it in the lobby or vestibule. Package theft has skyrocketed in the last couple of years, especially in cities. It’s dependent on where you live.

Edit: another option is to have it held at the local office, which I sometimes do if I’m shipping something expensive.
I may get a little hated for this but why do not people pick up the packages at the post office or solve it in some other way when they know that there is a big problem with package thieves.
I do not like to have a package lying outside the door for who knows how long and we have no problem with package thieves on this side of the pond.

I may get a little hated for this but why do not people pick up the packages at the post office or solve it in some other way when they know that there is a big problem with package thieves.
I do not like to have a package lying outside the door for who knows how long and we have no problem with package thieves on this side of the pond.
If I lived in the city or an area prone to this issue, I certainly would. I pick packages up at the office quite often. The truth is, some people are lazy.

Back