• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

šŸ¦˜List of Oakleys (Presumed) Stolen/MIA

Updated 11th May, 2022 by @cacatman

If you've lost sunglasses (or suspect they were stolen) and want them listed here, post the thread link where you mention what was lost +/- serial number and I'll update.

Please provide a thread link/create a post in this forum (for accountability/pictures etc).

MIA

These were stolen, and here is the boxes serial.

2D07FC7D-5CCE-4C5F-AA7D-5789C6775252.jpeg

Itā€™s not interesting actually. USPS lost the box. The person they were shipped to is above board and has done work/helped out a significant number of individuals on this forum over the last couple years with no issues. Ever.

Yes, the loss of these three X-Metals had nothing to do with the receiver of the package. All three pairs were in a box, along with extra parts and lenses (Mars Dillons that were supposed to ship to a different OF member). I was reimbursed from the USPS for my insurance claim, after a long battle, so it is possible to get your claim paid if the package is marked "Delivered" in the USPS system... but it makes it much more difficult. I didn't figure it out to the penny (no pun intended), but after recouping some insurance money, I was out about $300-$400, which is better than being out $2300-$2400.

I would like to keep an eye out for the Crater and Penny, since they have serial numbers, just in case someone is dumb enough to openly sell them online.

Mars Crater - C010276
Polished Penny - PB017244

Yes, the loss of these three X-Metals had nothing to do with the receiver of the package. All three pairs were in a box, along with extra parts and lenses (Mars Dillons that were supposed to ship to a different OF member). I was reimbursed from the USPS for my insurance claim, after a long battle, so it is possible to get your claim paid if the package is marked "Delivered" in the USPS system... but it makes it much more difficult. I didn't figure it out to the penny (no pun intended), but after recouping some insurance money, I was out about $300-$400, which is better than being out $2300-$2400.

I would like to keep an eye out for the Crater and Penny, since they have serial numbers, just in case someone is dumb enough to openly sell them online.

Mars Crater - C010276
Polished Penny - PB017244
the post office has and will lose everything. be blessed you got your $$ back.

thx for this thread! I highly recommend taking visual evidence of serials (at least) and send this to the transaction partner or post it here after the fact.

Why? Today the first xmetal of mine that went "missing" popped ... though this would never happen - though I have no conslusive nor indicative evidence whatsoever and responsability of proof lies with me!

So I found this thread and as I got unlucky two times but saved a screen shot of the second
pair gone missing, here it goes. I bought this on 2019-12-27 and due to missunderstanding with seller (change in fees after buying but before sending) no insurance and paided with transfer (comon im Germany) no possibility to claim refund:

penny(1).png
:

thx for this thread! I highly recommend taking visual evidence of serials (at least) and send this to the transaction partner or post it here after the fact.

Why? Today the first xmetal of mine that went "missing" popped ... though this would never happen - though I have no conslusive nor indicative evidence whatsoever and responsability of proof lies with me!

So I found this thread and as I got unlucky two times but saved a screen shot of the second
pair gone missing, here it goes. I bought this on 2019-12-27 and due to missunderstanding with seller (change in fees after buying but before sending) no insurance and paided with transfer (comon im Germany) no possibility to claim refund:

View attachment 986380:
So you paid and they never shipped?

Back