• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘List of Rarest Non-Frogskin Oakleys

Updated

Apologies to @Manish for the late update. I forgot about it for a while!!
#13 - Rainbow M Frame - 1 pair (@Manish)

Honourable Mentions - Unknown quantities
  • Romeo 1 w/ persimmon (2000 Olympics) (@Manish has one)

When I think of it, there were 3 M frames that were exclusive to the Olympic team in that year.
One of the 3 was a 1 of 1 made for him that was collaboratively called the "Rainbow" pair.
It is a thing of beauty with clear lens.
Rainbow pair is 1 of 1.
USA theme M frames (2 styles) were 3 of each.
img_4950-jpg.663521

1572547006260.png

1572547021956.png

1572547033850.png

Updated
#13 -
  • Rainbow M Frame - 1 pair (@Manish)

Honourable Mentions - Unknown quantities
  • Romeo 1 w/ persimmon (2000 Olympics) (@Manish has one)

When I think of it, there were 3 M frames that were exclusive to the Olympic team in that year.
One of the 3 was a 1 of 1 made for him that was collaboratively called the "Rainbow" pair.
It is a thing of beauty with clear lens.
Rainbow pair is 1 of 1.
USA theme M frames (2 styles) were 3 of each.

Attachments

Hey buddy! Haven’t heard from you in a while.

what about it ? does anyone know how many where made ?
View attachment 672344
To the best of my knowledge they were only available during the 2016 olympics exclusively for athletes - which probably means not a whole lot of them exist. A couple athletes wore them during the XCO event, but only pair for sale I'd ever seen was pretty generic in the provided info with poor quality images; Link to Listing.
Frischknecht-XCO-Spotted-Promo-Radar-Pace.jpg

p5pb13854264.jpg

Another one from the collection @cacatman

Back in the day when Oakley was gaining traction as a sunglass brand, there were incentives and appreciation awards for Reps.
This one that I have was given to a sales rep for crossing the "Million Dollar" mark in sales and was awarded a trophy and a 1 of 1 custom for entering the "Millionaire's club".
2 other Reps were awarded painted pairs that year.
Created in 1989, this one has Violet lens with a greenish hue on the edges and is in fantastic shape for a pair to be over 30 years old.

Tagging @Wavecloud

IMG_5274.JPG
IMG_5271.JPG
IMG_5273.JPG
IMG_5275.JPG