• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Little Help.

Looks legit, but hard to tell 100% from looking at the photos on my phone. I would ask the seller if they can provide additional close up photos of the juliets, and even to provide the serial # on the inner left ear stem. If they are truly corvette juliets, the serial # will begin with JCxxxxx. The real deal were a japan only release, so for the most part so far the seller knows what he has. Push hard to get the serial # before you buy at that price. If it's only a corvette juliet look alike, then his asking price is too high.

No problem. Like I said, just be careful of those sellers that swap frames and lenses, and turn around trying to sell it off as something else. The parts may be legit, but the package isn't. Gather as much info and details as you can, then decide if you feel comfortable buying...and always pay with PayPal, that way you're protected.

Good luck with your purchase!

Sorry guys I have always had Oakley's but never knew there was a forum like this until I searched tonight for some X frames.

Welcome to the forum!

I want to buy another pair of X frames and if I need to spend 400.00 why not spend 550.00

Seriously, welcome to the forum! :lol:

Oh and from the listing: "Sorry I did not keep the original box"

Get the serial as advised.

I was going to ask the guy for the serial number when he first listed this. Then I decided I wanted the box. What is weird is he never wore them, only displayed them. And didn't keep the box. I think that price is too high without a box.

I was going to ask the guy for the serial number when he first listed this. Then I decided I wanted the box. What is weird is he never wore them, only displayed them. And didn't keep the box. I think that price is too high without a box.

You have good point there...

I have a pair of the same ones, I have the original box, straight from HQ with 12-628 on the box, but no serial on the frame. Not sure if an employee did a little switcheroo or what.

Interesting, what happens to the validity and value of the glasses?

If you can get a pic of the serial and it is a legit JCxxxxx serial then they are legit unless there was some frame swapping done, but that unlikely due to the orbitals and stems matching color.

Now the box, he says he threw the box away. Do we believe him?? Why throw a box and coin away, especially if they were displayed only. He maybe telling the truth but the box can make or break a sale or change the price of them. He may have bought them without the box too, and got them cheap and didn't realize what he got and is selling them for more. Or is just trying to recoup some cash from the original purchase.

I always research there previous purchases on eBay to see if they bought them on there. Sometimes people buy and resell quick to make an easy buck. But the person may not realize that the item feedback connects to the entire original purchase and can be viewed for up to 90 days afterward. This is not a for sure thing as sellers don't leave feedback first and it maybe automatic upon buyers leaving feedback.

Latest Posts

Back