• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Livestrong Limited Editions

Eh, Livestrong will still be an organization devoted to battling cancer and this deal with Lance Armstrong won't change that.

I think that honestly depends on if Oakley continues to produce the livestrong collection (which I believe they will) Should not really effect the value in my opinion

Well, if he wants to 'Livestrong' surely he should fight for his reputation, not give up? Kind of goes against his whole philosophy no?

What a joke, in my opinion. Lance armstrong has never failed a test, at not one that's been made public. In reality, there isn't enough evidence to support the claims other than words. In my opinion, he probably has used banned substances but they have to prove that, which they have failed to do.

Although I am on the fence on the whole issue with banned substances in sports, my true outlook is different than most. I personally feel most of them do it and it no longer became an advantage once the majority was no longer the minority. Stop with the witch hunts and use our federal money for things that actually matter!

I was just wondering what how this would affect his Oakley line (while trying to convince my girlfriend to let me buy a pair). It won't be long until sponsors announce if they will be breaking ties with him or not.

The USADA isn't a federal agency, the government dropped their case, but the USADA kept on going. I don't think it's right that they have the ability to judge and sentence based on statements. They don't have any evidence that Lance failed any test. Unless a failed test is ever published I will always be a fan.

Well, if he wants to 'Livestrong' surely he should fight for his reputation, not give up? Kind of goes against his whole philosophy no?

I agree with this statement. if he doesn't want to be asssumed guilty of doping by not going into arbitration and thinks that the "USADA cannot assert control of a professional international sport and attempt to strip my seven Tour de France titles" then he should continue fighting even if it has taken a toll on him and his family... I'm sure when he battled cancer it took a toll on his family yet he never gave up (and won) so why should he now?

This article is slighty dated in reference to the investigations but it provides some interesting information about the Livestrong foundation itself and I was surprised about some the stuff I thought I knew about it that turned out to be false.

Lance Armstrong and Livestrong | Lance Armstrong | OutsideOnline.com

When your teammates get offered immunity if they testify, its hard to keep fighting. This crap pisses me off.
Its a level playing field because everyone out in front is doping, yet they come after Lance specifically, and offer anyone who will testify a free pass. He is right, it is unconstitutional.

Latest Posts

Back